Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shaving issues. is his the right forum?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shaving issues. is his the right forum?
    Posted: July 06 2007 at 4:51pm
I have been having issues with shaving/hair removal on my legs.  I have a lot of (I think) ingrown hairs and it's bugging me.  I have reciently devloped the awful habit of tweezing my leg hair.  I will spend a few hours a day tweezing my legs.  I am sick of shaving and am looking for something else.  I did try waxing for a while but I dont want to grow my leg hair out over the summer, I'm working on wearing shorts more instead of jeans

can anyone suggest something?  I tried Veet for a while but wasn't too impressed with the results.  I don't really think that leaves many options

I am thinking about saving up for laser hair removal
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 11:46am
Whenever I try tweezing hairs, I always get ingrown ones.  I don't know what your shaving issues are, but shaving's got to be better than a ton of ingrown hairs that take weeks to grow right? 

If not, you may want to consider electrolysis or maybe wax (at least that would be faster than tweezers, but you may still get some ingrown hairs).  I have not personally tried either, maybe someone else here knows about electrolysis.  I have some friends that do wax and like it.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 11:22am
when I do shave my skin gets really irritated.  my legs get red bumps everywhere.  it's my hair folical (sp).  there are parts of my leg that have no hair and no bumps.  it's kind of embarassing but I guess I've sort of gotten used to it

I've tried all sorts of razors and shave creams and techniques.  my legs atill get the red bumps and I get razor burn.  it really stinks
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:51am
What works best for me is to soak in a tub before I shave my legs, for at least 10 minutes, 20 or more if possible, then use a new razor that has a moisturizing strip and shave with either shaving cream or just water.  (Soap is irritating).  I don't know why soaking helps, but its the best thing I've found to avoid the itchy feeling you get on 'em if you shave without soaking.  Using moisturizer after they are almost dry also helps.  Good luck, I hope something I said can help. 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic