Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shampoos and extension hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2007 at 9:50am
Good move Bunny. I have seen photos of your extensions and I think a sew in will work good on you as we have kind of similar hair. Malibu is an exper and also MissHoney and Diva are all good to ask about it. I am curious now about this "braiding hair" that was not used on my install I dont think. You might want to get more info on that as well. I have three tracks and she did a very routine placement in her words which is the two levels going around kind of back behind ear area and then the top level is longer and extends further up past my temple. Kind of hard to decribe but that top one being longer is really a good effect to bring the hair up closer around the face and avoid the mullet look if your natural hair is shorer.
tessa111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tessa111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2007 at 2:54pm
To respond to the Kerestase masqueinstense conditioner - I use it once a week after I have used the Pureology shamppoo and conditioner in the purple bottle and my hair is very soft and looks great.  I srpay Bumble & Beumple Prep on to help with combing the wet hair, but don't really need to, I figure the more protection on the hair the better.  I haven't yet decided if the Kerestase is worth the $
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2007 at 4:54pm
Tessa I agree with the Russian hair I feel like i dont need all of these protective products because its so healthy but its probably best to use them to extend the life. Even though its nice hair it probably does have limits.
Carol328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 4:30am
Originally posted by krimsa krimsa wrote:

Bone straight, virgin 19-20 inch dark brown. Its straight as hell. I braid it in like 8 braids at night and take it out in the morning and its all ripply
and gypsy looking. I am having a ball with this hair lol

Krimsa, It must look so beautiful!!  I love doing the braids at night thing to my hair too because I love the crimp look to it.   Your's must look so pretty!  Im so glad you're happy with it too.Smile
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 10:57am
LOL, thanks Carol. It does look really nice. I need to get some photos of it but I have to get someone over here to take the back. The braids at night are a good idea anyway i think because its just more comfortable to sleep on anyway and it keeps it all tangle free. I just braid em and then mist water and spray a little bit of hairspray on them, sleep on it like that and walla! Nice ripples in the morning. No styling needed. Its fantastic. And no heat. I just make sure to only get the braids damp and not the tracks. You really want to be careful with a weave and sleeping on wet tracks. A big no no once you get yours in. Doing that repeatedly can cause mildew up in there. Eww.
tinker2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinker2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 6:17pm

HI Krisma,

I have only had my fusion in for 4 weeks and I have to take it out. Have worn sewn ins more on than off and I must admit they are easier and much less expensive to have done.

Jeep Girl, I am having the same problem here in southern missouri, I can't find anyone who doesn't use glue with their sew ins. I had the same stylist for over 8 years in Washington State and she never used glue.

My favorite conditoner is ISO Hydration with the teal green cap, love the stuff. And of course Biosilk therapy, which is unbeatable, maybe?

Edited by tinker2 - July 17 2007 at 6:18pm
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 7:43pm
This is going way back to Tangles question about the condition of the hair once a sew in is removed. I dont know yet because this is my first time wearing wefts. I have 3 in now. I am hoping it will be fine when I go for a re-positioning but I am also going at about a month to be on the safe side. Some can go longer. It feels like the weight is very evenly distributed on my scalp. No one area is pulling more and they lay flat. Thats a good sign I think. I only do a full shampoo of everything once a week and I think that helps also. I make sure to always get the tracks very dry. I have heard about weave horror stories with mildew actually developing in the braid. I guess this is possible because its a dark, warm area and if you dont keep it dry, there might be problems. So far so good though and nothing like that has happened. My scalp even seems cleaner than when I wore strand by strand because then I was always afraid to really shampoo because of losing bonds. I will post how it goes when they take it out and how much hair loss I have.
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2007 at 9:12am
Well I did my second full shampoo today. I just decided fridays would be the day. This Russian hair is completely the same as when it was installed. Shiny, silky, tangle free. The wefts are holding up fine also and still seem snug. I have noticed a little more shedding of my natural hair up top but Im guessing that just has to do with only shampooing once a week so it builds up a little more. No shedding out of the wefts and no loose long hairs.

With coated hair I have worn in the past, I would have been noticing decreased shine and more tangling even by the second shampoo. Thats it! I am only using Russian!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic