Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Retreating/Declining a battle. Fair or not?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Ant Green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retreating/Declining a battle. Fair or not?
    Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:11pm
Who would like to see a new rule implemented when it comes to battling.

The rule should be as follows;

If you call someone out for a battle and they decline. You would automatically gain the win on the count of forfeit/no contest.

To decline a battle, should count as a loss.

This rule would seperate HB from other forums, Making it more exciting and interesting to be here.

In addition we will be making each other better.
This rule should be put in effect asap.
mrclean1992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrclean1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:23pm
damn ant.........cash would be da most f**ked up person on here right about now......wouldnt he?
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/1101992/StarredPhotos51-1.jpg" />
Sleepy B View Drop Down

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:24pm
Naw I dont think so. It cant b called a battle if the other person doesn't agree 2 battle in the first place. So dey aint forfeiting. Think about all the people who arent comfortable with their waves or someone whose waves arent up 2 battling yet. All someone has 2 do is challenge them. Either way it's a loss.

Edited by Sleepy B - July 09 2007 at 3:26pm
Ant Green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:30pm
I hear you sleepy B. But to forfeit is not to compete. Only when a battle is declined will it be counted as a forfeit.

Edited by Ant Green - July 09 2007 at 3:35pm
Ant Green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:34pm
It's some battles out there that we all want to see take place. But they might not ever happen if people always take the option to declining.

Take away the option of declining.

If some one is uncomfortable with their waves and their hardly spinnin at all who would want to battle them.

People only want to battle the best.
RJizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:37pm

i agree wit sleepy, if your in the middle of wolfin or somethin i dont think its fair to gain a loss jus b/c someone call u out.

Sleepy B View Drop Down

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:37pm
Aight correct me if i'm wrong,but aint a forfeit when u have a scheduled competition and b4 it's set 2 go down u back out of it. If someone declines a battle it isn't a forfeit, bcuz u can't quit something unless u start playing it first.
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:43pm
correcto mundo@ Sleepy. Example my 1st battle (with king360).

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
Ant Green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Sleepy B Sleepy B wrote:

Aight correct me if i'm wrong,but aint a forfeit when u have a scheduled competition and b4 it's set 2 go down u back out of it. If someone declines a battle it isn't a forfeit, bcuz u can't quit something unless u start playing it first.

Youre right. What I'm sayin is, Once someone initiates the challenge from that point on would make it a shceduled competition, So only when the person being challenged declines or retreats would that make it a forfeit.

As long as someone has the option to decline the battle they can do it as much as they like.

Take away the option to decline.

Theres battles out there that we all want to see, that might not ever take place.

Now if there was some type of rule put into effect, it doesnt have to be my exact rule, just some type of rule. We would get to participate in this historic battle.

Ant Green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:08pm
Yeah if you want another example, The Royal Rumble. It started off with 10 contestants and ended up wit only 5.

2 of them where last minute entries and while in compitition 1 dropped out leaving only 4 contestant for HB's annual event. 

Totoally upsetting.

Half the people got could feet towards the end.

We need some type of a rule period.

Edited by Ant Green - July 09 2007 at 4:09pm
Sleepy B View Drop Down

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Ant Green Ant Green wrote:

Yeah if you want another example, The Royal Rumble. It started off with 10 contestants and ended up wit only 5.

2 of them where last minute entries and while in compitition 1 dropped out leaving only 4 contestant for HB's annual event. 

Totoally upsetting.

Half the people got could feet towards the end.

We need some type of a rule period.

Now thats a forfeit bcuz they already agreed 2 da battle. I think all the members who failed 2 show up should be given a loss.
iwave View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:18pm
honestly its all just good fun. No one knows you personally so there is minimal reprecussions. If you get challenged...just battle.
Ant Green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:19pm
Sleepy B, Yes or no answer.

Do you want to see
1.)Cash And WC battle?
what about
2.)Cash and Ced Clark?
what about
3.)Ant Green and TSOH?

Feel what I'm gettin at?
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:20pm
Well me personally I don't care because I'm always battle ready anyway but if two people arranged to battle andone of them tries to dip out then that should be a forfeit if no date was set in stone then it shouldnt count.

Waves(2001-Present)
Ant Green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by iwave iwave wrote:

honestly its all just good fun. No one knows you personally so there is minimal reprecussions. If you get challenged...just battle.

Thankyouuuuuu.
So why decline in the first place????????

Sleepy B View Drop Down

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:21pm

Originally posted by Sleepy B Sleepy B wrote:

Youre right. What I'm sayin is, Once someone initiates the challenge from that point on would make it a shceduled competition, So only when the person being challenged declines or retreats would that make it a forfeit.

As long as someone has the option to decline the battle they can do it as much as they like.

Theres battles out there that we all want to see, that might not ever take place.

Now if there was some type of rule put into effect, it doesnt have to be my exact rule, just some type of rule. We would get to participate in this historic battle.

I understand what u sayin, but its gonna b damn near impossible 2 find a rule 4 that. If the person challenged declines we still wont get 2 c the battle. The fact that they dont want a automatic loss increases the chances of them accepting, but it isn't guaranteed.
Sleepy B View Drop Down

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:24pm

Sleepy B, Yes or no answer.

Do you want to see
1.)Cash And WC battle?
what about
2.)Cash and Ced Clark?
what about
3.)Ant Green and TSOH?

Feel what I'm gettin at?

Yea I want 2 c those battles. I want 2 c alot of thing but that doesn't mean that they're gonna happen.
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:24pm

So you think that this rule will stop people that don't feel like postin pics just because they'll "lose" a battle??

Example: Since Ced and I aren't battling for a lil while you think that we're gonna spring into action just because that you wanna see me battle someone? 

What's gonna most likely happen is that we're gonna careless and continue to decline until we're off of our hiatus. And people are gonna start challenging us for the hell of it just so they can get a "win."  

How about this...since so many people are complaining about not seeing enough battles, why don't they find some other complainers and battle each them. that way the people that wanna battle are happy and so are the people that are takin a break. sound good?

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
Ant Green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:32pm
No, but would you be as proud of your record with an L in the column?
Don Twista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:36pm
naw i dun agree...datz wack..den ppl cud juss exploit da newbies n stack up wins..badddd idea..u shudnt have 2 battle unless u wanna...i been here almost a eyar now n i aint neva battled yet..y shud i have 2 start now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic