Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Redken Anti-Snap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JB521 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redken Anti-Snap
    Posted: July 09 2007 at 7:12pm

Has anyone used this? Do you like it....does it truly work and help with breakage?

Edited by JB521 - July 09 2007 at 7:13pm
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:08am

I have never used the extreme line, but I do use and totally am in love with the all soft line.
If your hair is breaking, you need to up your moisture level. Alot. Also, you need to look at a few things, first, what products do you use? If they are heavy in cones, you need to clarify. The cone buid up may be catching up with you. This will cause hair to break off. When they build up, they basically starve the hair underneath.You need to clarify  to prevent this from happening. Second, do you use any heat? this can also cause it break off.

Here are the ingrdients for the all-snap. I am not sure what they all are, but I do know that there are alot of chemicals. Mabye someone else can help with what they are.

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Arginine HCl, Taurine, Oleth-10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Lecithin, Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phosphoric Acid, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Trehalose

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:12am
I just read your other post about washing evey day,and the products. If you have not done so yet, read the labels, and look for anything that ends in "one", this would be a silicone. I hope this helps Hug
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
digitaldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitaldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Alisa06 Alisa06 wrote:

I have never used the extreme line, but I do use and totally am in love with the all soft line.
If your hair is breaking, you need to up your moisture level. Alot. Also, you need to look at a few things, first, what products do you use? If they are heavy in cones, you need to clarify. The cone buid up may be catching up with you. This will cause hair to break off. When they build up, they basically starve the hair underneath.You need to clarify  to prevent this from happening. Second, do you use any heat? this can also cause it break off.

Here are the ingrdients for the all-snap. I am not sure what they all are, but I do know that there are alot of chemicals. Mabye someone else can help with what they are.

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Arginine HCl, Taurine, Oleth-10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Lecithin, Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phosphoric Acid, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Trehalose

What is a cone? Will split ends cause your hair to break off more? When I look at my ends, they don't really appear to be split, but I could use a slight trim.
AS OF 5/25/2007
4A
10 1/2' in the top
10 on the sides
3 1/2 in the back

GOAL
BSL
JB521 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 10:04am
I haven't washed my hair everyday since I decided to grow it out.......about 1 time a week w/shampoo and 3 with conditioner (which get's my hair just as clean as shampoo it seems...) I don't like silicones....they make my hair look good.....but I don't like the build up!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 10:24am
OK, a cone is short for Silicone. Anything in the ingredient listing that has "one" on the end of the word  is a silicone. They coat the hair, which causes a false security, because in time they build up and cause the hair to actually brake off. To prevent this you need to clarify. This is done buy using a shampoo that is specifically called clarifying.

Some people purposefully look for products with cones in them. I don't like the way my hair gets with to many. It gets almost straight, and flat. I can only use one cone, which is dimethicone, and I look for it to be as close to the bottom as possible. I have read in many places that there is controversy about weather dimethicone is water soluble or not.So I clarify ever few months just to be on the safe side.  
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Alisa06 Alisa06 wrote:

Scary! Shocked  I would stay far away from this product!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 10:36am
Thank you Dave,  thought someone would have an idea about the ingredients.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 1:00pm
Someone (Sarah I think? Sorry if I'm not giving proper credit) posted a great ingredient dictionary awhile back:
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/dictionary.asp?TYPE=MAIN

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 2:34pm
I have been using Anti-Snap for about two weeks, with great results so far, on shoulder-length, naturally blonde, slightly wavy hair that is prone to breakage and flyaways.  The product is supposed to prevent breakage, which has been a problem for me over the years.

I read some threads of customer reviews by Googling, probably about 30 reviews in all.  Most were very positive, 5 stars, including users who swore by it and said they'd used it for years, were never without it, etc.; a couple said the product did nothing for them; and a couple said it dried their hair out after a while.  So I'm going to watch very closely for the first sign that it's drying my hair.

If those of you concerned about the ingredients could suggest another conditioner or leave-in that cuts down on breakage/flyaways, I'd really appreciate it! 
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 5:12pm
Thank you susan. I need to learn more about ingredients.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
JB521 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 7:49pm
I bought this yesterday and used it this morning. All I can say is.......WOW!
My hair really liked this, whatever it is.....very managable, silky, and shiny! I do believe that the scent could be toned down a wee bit (kinda reminds me of blueberry muffin batter....) but other than that, I'm diggin' how my hair responded!! 

Edited by JB521 - July 11 2007 at 7:54pm
stargazer026 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 8:26pm
I have used the Redken anti-snap I found that if you use too much it can actually start doing the opposite because of all the protein in it.... I was told by the hairdresser not to use too much and make sure you use a good moistriser as well ... I like the redken products and also love John Frieda frizz-ease extra strength formula
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 9:12pm
The problem for many (but not all) is that they work great at first, but as time progresses the build-up gets worse and then the negative symptoms take over (brittle, dry, crispy, tangly, broken strands).  Frequent clarifying seems to be necessary to prevent the the negative effects of the silicones.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 3:03pm
I used to use friz-eaze by john frida, and it did not take long before it started to dry out my hair, like less than a week.In my experience, any of the serums similar, has done the same thing.
Mabye I just have very picky hair?
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic