Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

extensions from yourhairshop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honeychild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeychild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: extensions from yourhairshop
    Posted: August 25 2007 at 10:32am
Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

Update on Tease Hair:

One of my long standing clients who has been wearing the tease 18" i-tip hair  in 613 called to report tangling problems.  She's only been wearing it for 3 weeks.  We have done many different types of extensions on her over the years and she's well versed in how to care for them, so I don't think it's anything that she is doing.

I'm having her come into the salon so I can take a look.

Are the extensions okay?
angelica25555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelica25555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 9:30pm
kristen..when will u have the straight wefts i looked on the website and only saw the body wave
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Cali-Kristin Cali-Kristin wrote:

Ms Honey: getting more textures is definitely going to happen future. Right now, I'm focused on moving out the old line of hair so I can make room for new stuff. As soon as I get a little more room we'll order in more textures. I did order a few new products for our next shippment including body wave hair in I-tip and a few other things. Yaki and deep wave will still take a little while for us to get in :)

Thanks Kristin let me know when you get them in. I hope the Tease works out.  Your prices are great and I'm tired of pre-tipping my own hairTongue
ALL EYES ON ME

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeychild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 12:14pm

Metalgirl,  thanks for keeping us updated =) 

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2007 at 11:17pm
Update on Tease Hair:

One of my long standing clients who has been wearing the tease 18" i-tip hair  in 613 called to report tangling problems.  She's only been wearing it for 3 weeks.  We have done many different types of extensions on her over the years and she's well versed in how to care for them, so I don't think it's anything that she is doing.

I'm having her come into the salon so I can take a look.

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 9:42pm
Ms Honey: getting more textures is definitely going to happen future. Right now, I'm focused on moving out the old line of hair so I can make room for new stuff. As soon as I get a little more room we'll order in more textures. I did order a few new products for our next shippment including body wave hair in I-tip and a few other things. Yaki and deep wave will still take a little while for us to get in :)

Pltnm: In the pictures I posted above, only the first 3 of me were with the Tease #613. From time to time I'll use Goldwell's Colorance 10v violet mousse after the shower but not too often. When I install my hair I usually use the silky straight hair because manufacturers can lighten it a little bit more than curly textures because it doesn't go through the extra processing of adding curl.  Even when I've had Bohyme installed in the past, any curly textures in color #613 were always a half shade darker than silky straight so the hair is not damaged. If you feel like your hair is slightly brassy try using the violet mousse as I mentioned above (just a little after the shower put where it's needed, don't wash out, style as usual) or you can try Clairol's Shimmering Lights Shampoo (Generic brand has a similar shampoo at Sally's Beauty Supply stores).

MetalGirl: I'm so glad to hear that!! Please let me know how your clients end up liking this hair :)

Hey FINA! It's been waaaay too long since I've been on here. Good to see you're still around too Tongue Let me know if you want a sample of the new hair.

Edited by Cali-Kristin - August 17 2007 at 12:11am
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 7:40am
Kristin:
Great to see you on here after all this time, GREAT news on the Tease hair and I LOVE THE COLORS on your install!!! INSPIRED!!
Thanks for all the great info too.
Fina
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 11:21am
I have Tease hair on two clients now, going on about 3 weeks into their installs, and so far it's working out great!

I think Bohyme is coated because I can sometimes feel the oiliness on the wefts and sometimes when I tried to make my own tips with keratin, the keratin would not stick at all.
pltnmblondelife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pltnmblondelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 5:42pm
Cali- Kristen :
 Did you have to tone or lighten the 613 hair to get it the color you have in your all platinum blonde pictures? I have about the same color hair as you and can never find a light enough blonde.
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 12:31am

Cali, will you be selling other textures like yaki, deep curly etc. in pre-tipped hair any time soon? In the TEASE line.

Edited by Ms.Honey - August 14 2007 at 12:32am
ALL EYES ON ME

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 12:00am

Ms Honey- You're so right! Last time I gave out free samples I had an long assembly line of envelopes, postage, and stamps going. I planned ahead and I've got help this time so they should all go out rather quickly.

It's a great opportunity for those who have never tried stick hair or keratin tipped hair to see what they look like first hand. If I get too many requests I'll cut it off but I set aside a lot of hair to give out so it shouldn't be a problem :)
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 11:47pm

I'm going to make a new thread for the free samples for anyone who may not be following this thread.

Kristin

[/QUOTE]

Hi Kristin, are you sure you want to do that, it could end up being hundreds of people. You know how we can get when it comes to free stuffLOL
ALL EYES ON ME
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 11:43pm
Hi Kristen, let me know when you get the wefts in stock. I dont do individuals anymore but thank you for the offer. Big%20smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 11:32pm
Aw, thank you! I really should get on here more often and I'm sure I would if I wasn't so darn busy. I'll try to stay on top of this install and give you the play-by-play as I wear it. I'll also get some pictures taken of the back straight on and post them.

Sherrie- I'm not sure if you've started working with individuals but I'd be happy to send you out a sample of those if you have. The wefts are on order and should be arriving shortly. I'll let you know when those come in and arrange for you to get some. I have always appreciated your honest/constructive feedback and would love to get it on the new hair. I should be getting the body wave wefts in a few weeks and I'll contact you when they arrive.

Malibu- Thanks darlin'! I haven't been on here in ages!!

Poose- I LOVE the new color. I'm even thinking of going a little darker in a couple weeks. The one bad thing about having platinum hair is that when you want it a little darker, color doesn't seem to stick too well. It's only been a couple weeks and I've already noticed that it faded some. I was once a solid platinum and wanted to dye the underneath medium brown; it took me 4 trips to the salon dyeing it before it finally stayed the shade I wanted (without washing out after a few washes).

Honeychild- I'll have the first batch of samples sent out tomorrow so you should get it in just a couple of days. Any and all feedback is always appreciated :)

I'm going to make a new thread for the free samples for anyone who may not be following this thread.

Kristin

p.s. I love the new design of the forum, the new shoutbox is pretty cool too. :)

Edited by Cali-Kristin - August 13 2007 at 11:33pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeychild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 11:26pm

You are gorgeous and the hair looks fabulous!  I definitely want to try a sample and have sent you an email.

Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 8:18pm
Your new colors look so much better on you! Very pretty! Embarrassed
^..^
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 3:34pm
Hey Kristen, I didn't realize you had responded here until now.
OMG you are so beautiful!!! You are a great business woman too.

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 6:34am
Hey Kristen, Im glad you had a chance to jump in here and clear up some questions. You and your hair look GORGEOUS as always.

I do remember you sending me pictures of the hair, but I dont remember what happened with communications after that. I would love to try the hair, but I have found that I cant really get a good/adequate feel for the hair from wearing a sample. I might just have to pop into yourhairshop and buy some tease to try it out!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 4:28am

Hi Everyone! It's so good to see so many familiar names on here still. I decided to take a peek at the boards tonight to see if there was any  feedback on the new hair or any exciting new news in the world of hair and I saw this thread. I’ll do my best to address all the above questions. I don’t get on the boards too often so if anyone ever needs any information they are more than welcome to email me on my website. I’m typically online 5 days a week and usually get back to emails with in a day. If I get really busy or you have a question that requires an in-depth answer it may take me up to 48 hours but I promise I am always available through email. Btw, that goes for anything, even for general questions or for advice. I’m happy to help anyone who needs it, even if you’re not a customer of mine.

Okay, here’s my reply to the above postings:

First, the notion thrown out there that the new line of Tease hair was simply D-LUX that we had repacked and given a new name is absolutely ridiculous. The color rings are the same because we sent our new manufacturers D-LUX rings and made them match the colors so no one had to buy new color rings. Yup, that’s pretty darn pretty smart! There’s nothing more annoying than having to buy a new ring because you don’t know what color you are in a new brand. This keeps things easy for everyone. We had about 30 colors in the D-LUX and right now have 21 in the Tease brand including a new color D8A/613 so the colors we carry are not the same. Please be assured that I would NEVER EVER change a product, manufacturer or ANYTHING without fully informing the consumer of a change (just as we informed and made a new page for the clear tipped D-LUX many months ago). Before any accusations go up or if you see them come up and you’re curious, just shoot me an email and ask. I'd be happy to set things straight. If a company was really that bad enough to try and repackage hair in a different name I would assume that the old line of hair would have “disappeared” rather than being put on clearance as I have done. Bottom line: Tease hair is 100% new- new hair, new bonds, new wefts, new professional packaging, and therefore a new name.

The new line of Tease hair is from samples I got back in December. I sent Sherrie a picture of the hair when it first came in, I wanted to send her a sample of what I was sent but never heard back from her (btw, I’d still be happy to send you a free sample Sherrie). I wore the samples hair since January, both in weft and individuals in silky straight and body wave. The silky straight hair stays rpretty darn straight. The only curly I got was when I let it air dry and it clung to the slight natural curl I have in my natural hair around the nape of my neck. If my hair didn;t have a little natural curl to it it would have been straight all over. When I blew it dry, it was all straight and then I gave it a quick once over with my straightener to get it extra smooth and stick straight. The body wave is a typical body wave- do not confuse body wave with a French-refined curl, they are different. Body wave in general (and in the Tease brand) is NOT an S-wave. It comes packed wavy but will fall after it’s washed. Body wave is meant to describe hair with a very loose wave that appears to just be hair full of body. Here are pictures of the original samples I received and then some taken in the months I wore the hair:

These pictures were taken between February and April:

I recently changed the color of my hair; it’s no longer solid #613 platinum. It's still blonde, just toned down with low lights. When I did my most recent install I used Tease Silky Straight keratin tipped hair in 3 colors: D8A/613, D18/22, and X24. I used both 18" and 22". The 18" I used around my face (since I was going to layer it anyways) and I used the 22" in the back and above my ears. I ended up cutting about 2" off the 22" hair making it about 20" total in length. Below are a few different pictures with flash, without flash and curled so you can get a good idea of what it looks like. This install was done on August 1st so it's still pretty new:

FREE SAMPLES of Tease Extensions-

I'd be more than happy to send out free samples of the new Tease hair to anyone who wants to try it. I cannot guarantee the exact color but if you let me know if you're light, medium, or dark I can try to get you a sample in your color range. If you want a free sample please email me through my website (Info@YourHairShop.com), not through hair boutique. Please also make the subject of your email 'Free Sample Request'. In the email let me know what color range you would like, if you want stick hair or keratin tipped hair, and your mailing address (you'd be surprised how many people request samples and then give me no information on where to send it or think I can some how send it to their email address... seriously... lol).

About the D-LUX hair on clearance- it's on clearance to move it out and make room for new products. D-LUX was always made by the same manufacturer, nothing was ever switched or dishonestly represented to cut corners. There were packs of D-LUX that came in about a year ago that had problems with the bonds and were inconstant with our high standards of quality. This was something that happened on the manufacturing side and was nothing that we changed or altered with the product. I will not continue to order from a manufacturer who is not consistent which is why we are no longer ordering D-LUX. The keratin tipped hair that had shedding issues was isolated to the light colors from what I could tell. Most of those colors have since been sold out. We are and have been offering free fusion chips with those colors so you can replace the bond if you chose to.

If anyone wants the free samples I mentioned above just let me know, I'll be sending a bunch out this week.

I hope you all had a great weekend,
Kristin

Edited by Cali-Kristin - August 13 2007 at 4:40am
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 2:13pm
Sherrie, no doubt that's completely outrageous to spend on hair. After Amm posted pictures of her blond Russian hair after it was permed, I was
completely shocked although it's questionable why this blond Russian hair was destroyed as to if it was vendor based or user error.

From my experience with Bohyme silky straight texture, it lasts much longer than His and Her, 909, jetset, and other no-name BSS hair I've tried which makes me believe Bohyme has a unique process. However, Bohyme does become un-usable over time. Since I only wear 3oz it's actually more affordable for me to buy Russian hair.

Edited by malibu - August 12 2007 at 2:15pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic