Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bangs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cinder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bangs?
    Posted: March 14 2001 at 11:28pm
Hi everyone :) I have waist length hair and I`m getting kinda bored with it. What do you all think of bangs with hair this long? Would it look silly? Every time I go to get a trim, I ask the hairstylist`s opinion on this and they always say it wouldn`t look right because my hair is too long for bangs. What about wispy bangs or some long layers ONLY around my face to frame it? Any thoughts appreciated!!
McKee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2001 at 9:03pm
Reply to message: 24.267.1
Some angles down the front could work!
"If everybody demanded peace instead of another television set, then there`d be peace"

~John W. Lennon
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2001 at 10:13pm
Well, you haven`t mentioned your face shape or your age but in general, I find bangs attractive and I don`t think they look silly with very long hair. For instance, I think bangs soften Jane Seymour`s face. I think Roma Downey looked much better with bangs.

I would only suggest not wearing them too short and too thick. Good luck!
Arianna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2001 at 7:41pm
Reply to message: 24.270.1
Some longer wispy bangs would probably look good. Bangs are a really easy way to change your hairstyle. Some face framing layers would probably look good too, but maybe just try the bang to begin with, and see how you like them.
gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2001 at 11:19pm
Hi, In general I think that long hair looks much better without bangs, especially short or thick ones. A few wispy ones wouldn`t be so bad I guess or just a few framing layers on the front, but I personally think long hair looks much better without bangs. Best Wishes, John
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2001 at 7:25am
Hello Cinder,

I think your hair must be optimal if even the stylist tells you that he wouldn`t like to cut bangs in it. I think it will be better to be sometimes bored with long hair and to be happy with it as to make an experience that has to grow out for four or five years. After my opinion optimal things need no change, there exist some guys like me who will love your long hair most how it is now.

wolfgang
Cinder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2001 at 11:05pm
Thank you everyone :) I appreciate your replies!!! I guess i will hang in here with my hair the way it is, for now. Thanks again!
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2001 at 3:37pm
I cut bangs into mine and immediately regretted it, now i am trying to grow them out again.
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2001 at 9:24am
Reply to message: 24.278.1
A few thin wispy bangs could look really cute. Otherwise, I wouldn`t recommend big bangs.
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2001 at 1:55pm
Reply to message: 24.276.1
Cinder, I really appreciate you decision to let your hair be as beautiful as it is now. I am a lover of natural long hair and think it is the best one. To change something only to have a change I don`t understand. It makes me happy if I know that a beautiful long hair will be preserved.

wolfgang
Ilima View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2001 at 4:18am
Reply to message: 24.276.1
I too cut bangs with my long hair and I HATED them!! My husband now talks me out of them everytime I ever bring it up...because I told him don`t ever let me do this again!
freakmama View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freakmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2001 at 1:06pm
Reply to message: 24.375.1
A different view... I have bangs and near-waist length hair. I used to have it all one length (and then it was only bra-strap length) and because I`m slightly heavy, it made me look older and fatter. Even when I`m at my thinnest, with a heart-shaped face, I find I MUST have bangs or it adds years to my face. Bangs give me a youthful appearance (I`m 29), and I especially like the look of a blunt cut long style with shorter bangs (a-la Bettie page). So, it`s my opinion that all-one-length hair can, on SOME people, look dated and tired.
always_here View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2001 at 6:23pm
Reply to message: 24.382.1
quote:

freakmama originally wrote:
A different view... I have bangs and near-waist length hair. I used to have it all one length (and then it was only bra-strap length) and because I'm slightly heavy, it made me look older and fatter. Even when I'm at my thinnest, with a heart-shaped face, I find I MUST have bangs or it adds years to my face. Bangs give me a youthful appearance (I'm 29), and I especially like the look of a blunt cut long style with shorter bangs (a-la Bettie page). So, it's my opinion that all-one-length hair can, on SOME people, look dated and tired.

i don`t think bangs woud be a great solution to your problem . you may not llike them and it will take a while to grow back. maybe a coulple of layers and ad more if you like thm the first time
Jennifer
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2001 at 12:57am
Reply to message: 24.382.1
quote:

freakmama originally wrote:
A different view... I have bangs and near-waist length hair. I used to have it all one length (and then it was only bra-strap length) and because I'm slightly heavy, it made me look older and fatter. Even when I'm at my thinnest, with a heart-shaped face, I find I MUST have bangs or it adds years to my face. Bangs give me a youthful appearance (I'm 29), and I especially like the look of a blunt cut long style with shorter bangs (a-la Bettie page). So, it's my opinion that all-one-length hair can, on SOME people, look dated and tired.

i agree... on some people!!

I look good with bangs, but it`s too much work. I have to seriously style, curl and use tons of products due to cowlicks.

With one length hair (getting there AGAIN), if I part against the cowlick it just looks like I have volume -- instead of looking like I turned my 9 yr old loose with my curling iron on my bangs.

I cut in bangs, for something different, and about 2 weeks later regretted it. Now here I am two years later, and I just got my bangs to below my chin.

So. think long and hard before you cut.
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic