Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

feria or preference?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tshirtmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tshirtmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: feria or preference?
    Posted: July 26 2007 at 8:22pm

should i buy Loreal Feria or Loreal Preference?  I am 40 and don't want it to look fake.  I want to color my dark brown hair a reddish brown.  I am wondering if Feria would look too bold?

Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 8:44pm
Feria is a direct dye and very difficult to remove if you decide that you don't like the color.  So, I'd use Preference...get it at Sally Beauty though rather than the drug store.  So you have Dark Brown Hair?  If you want a reddish brown that looks real in my opinion you should try Miss Clairol 46 D, Chestnut Brown.  Get a 30 or 20 vol. peroxide.  Strand test first, but I think this might look good.  It's two levels up from your hair color, a green based dye to counter the "RED" you have, plus it has a bit of the red that you are wanting.  I hear it's a warm color even though it's got a green base to it.  If you want more red you can mix this color with 47 R, Red Ginger.  I'd go 3/4 of the Chestnut brown and 1/4 of the red or half and half.  PLEASE STRAND test and do stay away from Feria if you don't want your hair to look fake, it's a very BOLD dye.  Good luck and post pics when you finally do dye your hair.  Let me know how the above turns out.  I think it would ROCK! 

Rebekah
tshirtmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tshirtmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 10:57pm

Thanks for replying

I did go to Sally Beauty and bought Feria.  I choose Candlelight Golden Brown.  I think it will turn out ok, I hope anyway.  My roots are dark brown but the rest of my hair is medium golden brown, so that's why I choose it.  My friend is going to color it tomorrow, hopefully it will look natural since I stuck with the golden brown instead of picking a red color. 
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 12:00pm
Okay, please strand test prior to doing the entire head.  Especially since you have two toned hair.  It may look different than you expect.  Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Rebekah
tshirtmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tshirtmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 10:35pm
i exchanged it for Miss Clairol medium golden brown level 3 and i love it.  it has red and gold shines to it.
thanks for your suggestion to switch to Miss Clairol :-)

Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 11:20pm
YES, I think it's a beautiful color too.  I Haven't ever been able to try it myself, as my hair is too light.  Did you color it yet?  Or is your friend doing it for you tomorrow?  Listen don't forget if your hair is lighter on the ends that the color may not be even.  You might want to use a neutral protein  filler on the mid section and ends to keep the color from grabbing too much...Just an idea.  Strand test first and then you will know for sure. 

Rebekah
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 9:34am
Hey, how did your hair turn out anyway?

Rebekah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic