Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tea Tree Oil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
chameleongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 12:38am
I buy natural shampoos at the health store with tea tree oil and will add some of the essential oil to bath water, just for the aromatherapy.  I've also applied to my scalp, and this has helped myself and my kids from getting head lice when there were a lot of kids and parents getting it in our community.  For some reason, lice do not like tea tree oil.  I'm not sure how effective it is in treating a case of head lice, though it has preventing a recurrence of it once we treated our heads.  A friend of mine swears by coconut oil for lice treatment also, which she used for her son who has dreadlocks.  It sure beats having to use the store-bought pesticide treatments, although there are a lot of new natural options available too.

Tea tree oil is also a good antiseptic, at least this is what I've read. 
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2011 at 10:40pm
Ive heard a lot about tea tree oil's properties for acne-prone skin and to cure such problems. I've heard them for facials but less for hair. But I guess it could work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic