Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air Force Ones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sleepy B View Drop Down

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Force Ones
    Posted: August 04 2007 at 5:44pm
Anybody else notice that all the new shoes poppin up in hip-hop 2day are all based around AF1's? Think about it, Bapes and Greedy Genious's.
BAPES
Bathing%20Ape%20Shoes
Greedy Genious
Greedy%20Genius%20x%20Barneys%20Collaboration
Air Force Ones
Bobbito%20Air%20Force%20Ones%20Release%20Details

Anybody notice the similarities?
meech313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meech313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 6:02pm
yeah i notice that awhile ago. I gues designers think if they slap name on a air force 1 based shoe its going to sell just as well.
ChristianTN8IS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristianTN8IS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2007 at 5:42am
bape was a japanese version that got popular here in the states.
dont forget all the cheap knockoff versions
Makaveli sneaks
Starbury makes a AF1 rip
Shaqs (Payless ish)
probably a lot more.

yea errybody knows but like value goes by cost tday it seems, so bapes usually expensive although knockoffs, get respect.  n the ripoffs get hate.

yep hate to say it but the industry got a mean stranglehold on us that we cant break
http://myspace.com/christianh

jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 12:01pm
Word I stick with the AF1's though because they classics I don't mess with any of those other pairs.

Waves(2001-Present)
Frizzle1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizzle1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 7:06pm
I never got into the whole Bape craze because they weren't sellin quality. THey were sellin a trend. That Nigo guy is a very smart business man. He simply created Demand for somethin that didn't have a demand before by limiting the supply of his clothin and jackin up the price to make people think his sh!t was rare while usin Celebrities to promote it to create an a cult following. The sweaters are actually cheap in quality ( 100% cotton) and the shoes, altho very stylish and somewhat unique, most definetly not worth it's retail price considering what materials were used to make it.

The most important thing Air Forces has goin for them is that they are backed by an established brand (nike) and the style and fit i so simple yet so aesthetically pleasin that people with different cultures and sense of fashion appeal to em.

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 7:21pm
Word to Frizzle for Shizzle drop some knowledge on them B!

Waves(2001-Present)
stormy_seas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormy_seas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 9:28pm
they got that kind with the star at the flea, i saw them and was like, wtf is this?

i thought it was a no name brand cus of the gay ass star, but n****s pay full price for that shyt?
www.datpiff.com
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 8:11am
I wasn't tryin to spend no $170 for them Bapestas when I can have a "fresh purr of urrs" for $100 and they are the original design ya smell me.

Waves(2001-Present)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormy_seas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 12:07pm
so if i comp some bapes from the flea for 20 each, will that make me cool? lol jp

is it the look no one likes, or the price?

Edited by stormy_seas - August 13 2007 at 12:08pm
www.datpiff.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizzle1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by stormy_seas stormy_seas wrote:

so if i comp some bapes from the flea for 20 each, will that make me cool? lol jp

is it the look no one likes, or the price?

It was definetely because it was limited hence the jacked up price. Everyone wants that real expensive "limited" sh*t that not everyone can get. But now that Bape has been in the market long enuff to wear Knockoff's can thrive on its brand and look, they are no longer in high demand.

I don't know about your area, but here In Cali, Bapes have been played out since last fall. It's all about dem rare limited edition kicks. Not necessarily Nike Forces. More so, Dunks, Crosstrainers, vandels, and other retro reeboks and addidas. Those Creative Recreations are alright too.

But yeah, Bapes are done. They was sellin um for half off at the kickshop i go to (authentic too) thats usually a sign that they are out of style.

Edited by Frizzle1986 - August 13 2007 at 10:11pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormy_seas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 8:21am

but ya know, females dont keep up with whuts in and out for us, just like we dont keep up whuts in or out for them

i'd comp the half off shyt just because i hang with some ignorant ass people who wont no the diffrence, lol
www.datpiff.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizzle1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by stormy_seas stormy_seas wrote:

but ya know, females dont keep up with whuts in and out for us, just like we dont keep up whuts in or out for them

i'd comp the half off shyt just because i hang with some ignorant ass people who wont no the diffrence, lol

I hear ya fam. Gear can only take u so far when it comes to females. I really more on my mouthpiece when closin some ass rather then just my gear. The gear is the bait.

And honestly, U could find some fly ass kicks for even cheaper than some 50% discounted bapes. Even at 50%, those kicks will still run about $120 to $150. Up to you tho man.
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 7:27am
I would go with the discounted gear thats just me though!

Waves(2001-Present)
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 8:39pm
I rock many air force 1's caught my friend with those greedy genius on and he tried to lie and say they were new air forces or something LOL
joecool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joecool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 6:04pm
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
C-fiftie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-fiftie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2007 at 1:25pm
forreal thought he bapes are pretty nice even though they are copies of the airforce 1's 
"I don't follow waves,I let the waves follow me"

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4990/backside3ln3.jpg" />[/URL]

gnarly_waves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarly_waves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2007 at 1:42pm
bapes alright, but i agree with jkid, imma spend that money on some forces over bapes anyday. ain't nothin like some forces. i love nikes in general, pretty much all i f**ks with, and air jordans. just copped me some air max 95's. ooohwee!
"but this is the remix, with the cheap tricks, hittin' sweet licks, and I cut the braids off but the waves in the fade'll make you seasick!"

Sleepy B View Drop Down

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 4:57am
Originally posted by 25cent 25cent wrote:

I rock many air force 1's caught my friend with those greedy genius on and he tried to lie and say they were new air forces or something LOL

They musta been some fake greedy geniuses, bcuz if I had a pair of em i'd b rockin em proudly. Greedy geniuses will hit u 4 bout $600. They dont make many pairs of each style.
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 7:14am
Lol I wouldn't waste $600 on a pair of greedy geniuses ? Those are crackhead prices for sneakers man . I'm better off puttin $250 to use to buy me some different style Prada boots or something.

Waves(2001-Present)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic