Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair is changing from straight to curly...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yayi087 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yayi087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair is changing from straight to curly...
    Posted: March 13 2002 at 9:41pm
Maybe it`s the fact that your hair is in good condition &/or more moisturized. I`ve heard that when wavy/curly hair is in good condition it waves/curls more. I`ve noticed my hair has gotten curlier since I stopped frying my hair & started "embracing" my curls and waves.

Either that or it could be hormones (which is how my stick straight black hair turned to dark brown wavy and curly...though I still have some straight hair @ my nape still)
vpuzinas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpuzinas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2002 at 9:57am
I`ve recently noticed that my hair is somehow changing. It has always been very fine, but not thin, and wavy/straight my whole life. The wave it did have was mostly in the back and a few pulls of a brush would take out most of the wave. Blow drying would remove the wave too.

For the past few months I`ve noticed my hair acting more `curly`. When it`s wet it is very, very wavy. It allmost, but not quite, forms ringlets and looks "frizzy", which it has never done before.

This week I noticed that when I wear my hair in a bun I have a sort of "halo" of all these short curly hairs coming out of the top of my head. It seems like I`m growing new curly hair!

I do color my hair and have for a while, but I take good care of it and it`s not overprocessed or dry. My hairdresser told me on the last visit that it was in really good condition So what the heck is going on???

-victoria
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic