Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

reggie miller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lilpitbull2016 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpitbull2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reggie miller
    Posted: August 09 2007 at 12:48pm

future hall of famer reggie mill at age 42 or 43 talking about coming back to play for the celtics like he said he was for the DALLAS mavericks but he  didnt so who think he will and will he be good?

JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 12:53pm
He wont come back if u think about it. He dropped comin back for what was the best team in the league dallas mavs( i hate em) in the season. What makes u think he'll come to an unproven team, dey may look good on paper wit da addition of KG n Ray allen but chemistry, aging, injuries and weak short handed bench can be a problem.
Personal Record: 6-0!
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 12:56pm
KG and Ray Allen is a playoff team. A bloated team contract wise but nonetheless a playoff team. But more on topic why would Reggie come back? He's nowhere near as good as Mike. I mean whats the point if hes going to come back and put up menial points and doesn't need the money.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpitbull2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 1:04pm
its probably a rumor that sports center blew out of proportion and you right why didnt he go to the mavs(team of my city)(favorite team) good points j and willie
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 2:22pm

It's not a rumor.  Danny Ainge confirmed that he was talking to Reggie Miiler about returning.  Reggie wants a ring, but Boston is the wrong team to go to for this purpose.  He must be smoking that "reggie miller," if he thinks he can come back and be an impact player at 40-plus. 

DUB-C
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpitbull2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 2:58pm
he is a pure shooter so i could probably be like ray allen and sit back and just shoot but if he want a ring he need to go to my home town team the mavs
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by lilpitbull2016 lilpitbull2016 wrote:

he is a pure shooter so i could probably be like ray allen and sit back and just shoot but if he want a ring he need to go to my home town team the mavs

He turned down the Mavs, last year.
DUB-C
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpitbull2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 5:17pm
yea i know so why would he go to celtics
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 5:33pm
Because he has a chance to back up another pure shooter(Raycase) and with those two on the same team there will always be some kind of 3 point threat out on the floor, and Raycase probably plays about 35-40 minutes a game so it won't be tasking for Reggie to come back and produce.

Waves(2001-Present)
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpitbull2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 6:20pm
good point i hope he make a comeback
JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 7:52pm
He started a Pacers and ended as a Pacer. It needs to stay that way.
He allready has a good job as being a TNT analyst. I look forward to hearin his words. Also look at MJ when he came back as a Wizard, he was just average n it hurt his rep a bit because he had da best endin to his career winnin da champ wit a clutch ankle breaker over Byron Scott. He shulda stayed a Bulls fo life.
I hope Reggie doesn't unretire.

Edited by JaySole - August 09 2007 at 7:53pm
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpitbull2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 9:43pm

all he want is a ring which he deserves so i guess he feel the celtics have a legit shot but imma telling ya now mavs gone take it

JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 9:57pm
He doesn't have a legitiment shot wit the Celtics. The east is weak they can make it to the finals but hell no way can they beat any top 5 in the west.
Like Stan Van Gundy said last year to the Cavs "top 7 teams in west can beat them".

I hate the mavs i was so happy 2 years ago wen wade took ova. then last year my warriors team recked them. I hate Mark Cuban ahahaha mavs will neva win a championship. They shulda traded dirk for KG cuz dirk always chokes in playoffs n will neva be a leader. How pitiful
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpitbull2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 10:44am
mavs were robbed of the finals two years ago due to horrible reffing i think the refs bet on the games but even d wade said he wasnt fouled on that play the guy didnt even touch him and as far as the warriors we aint worried bout them cause they traded jason richardson but they beat us cause they coach our former coach taught our main threat everything he knows and whats wrong wit cuban
JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 11:09am
Richardson was usless in the playoffs because of injury and  coach nelson couldn't incorporate him much in the offense because of stephan jackson was playin like a superstar, it was actually a good trade to get that quick dunkin forward but not good in a fan stand point.

Cuban is an annoyin reckless Fag (sry had to say it)
Even Dirk is finally startin 2 realize it.
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpitbull2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 11:19am
jason richardson was one of the main 3 hittin 3s it was b davis who i give it to you he a BEAST thats on BEAST MODE, jason richardson and stephen jackson

cuban just has balls to say what other owners dont have balls to say or do without being scared of the commisioner
trynagetdem360s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trynagetdem360s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by JaySole JaySole wrote:

He allready has a good job as being a TNT analyst. I look forward to hearin his words. Also look at MJ when he came back as a Wizard, he was just average n it hurt his rep a bit because he had da best endin to his career winnin da champ wit a clutch ankle breaker over Byron Scott. He shulda stayed a Bulls fo life.

Took The Words Rite Outta My Mouth.
Frm this
To This
knoccy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knoccy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 6:30pm
if he come back the celtic gon b cold even tho he aint gon b playin like how he was before he retired the got kg paul pierce and ray allen if reggie decide to come back the celtics wud have a killa squad compared to last seasons roster
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 12:39am

Heres the difference Jordan wasn't average he was still Michel f**king Jordan from the swag to fighting for a loose ball sliding on the floor. You could see how it pained him to be away from the game and having him in the league made it so much more legit.

He doesn't have a legitiment shot wit the Celtics. The east is weak they can make it to the finals but hell no way can they beat any top 5 in the west.
Like Stan Van Gundy said last year to the Cavs "top 7 teams in west can beat them".

I hate the mavs i was so happy 2 years ago wen wade took ova. then last year my warriors team recked them. I hate Mark Cuban ahahaha mavs will neva win a championship. They shulda traded dirk for KG cuz dirk always chokes in playoffs n will neva be a leader. How pitiful

The celts have KG and Ray Allen. Thats a playoff team. There both players from the west so I'm not following your point. And again KGs only made it to the playoffs twice.

Richardson was usless in the playoffs because of injury and  coach nelson couldn't incorporate him much in the offense because of stephan jackson was playin like a superstar, it was actually a good trade to get that quick dunkin forward but not good in a fan stand point.

Cuban is an annoyin reckless Fag (sry had to say it)
Even Dirk is finally startin 2 realize it.

It wasn't good in any way. Yes its a business but this is a guy who paid for an ad to be taken out in the paper so he could publicly apologize for not living up to their expectations. Hes an over the hill player but he was still productive and a huge fan favorite. He also had that locker room presence that can make the difference between winning and losing.
Originally posted by lilpitbull2016 lilpitbull2016 wrote:

jason richardson was one of the main 3 hittin 3s it was b davis who i give it to you he a BEAST thats on BEAST MODE, jason richardson and stephen jackson

cuban just has balls to say what other owners dont have balls to say or do without being scared of the commisioner

Cuban is a rich guy who hides behind his money when he gets in a tight spot. You honestly think he would behave how he does if he wasn't a billionaire? Obviously not. Hes a frail front office personality so fans can think he fits the Texas stereotype of a brash talking rich guy. Hes no different from any other owner.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 1:42am

Mark Montieth of the Indy Star gives several reasons why Reggie Miller won't join the Boston Celtics. Among them:

- Miller indicated last year when Dallas expressed an interest that he wouldn't return just to chase a ring.

- Though he's a team player, Miller may not be comfortable in a role limiting him to just 15 minutes per game.

* Although he doesn’t need the money, I don’t see him going to all the trouble of getting in shape and resurrecting his NBA life for the veteran’s minimum.

* He told me a few years before he retired that he wouldn’t play past the age of 40 because it “wouldn’t be fair to my body,” and he stuck with that. He turns 42 on Aug 24, which means he's still past the age of 40. Always will be, too

* He’s a competitor and he loves the spotlight, but he also knows his history and has plenty of common sense. That means he knows the odds against any athlete past the age of 40 successfully coming back from a two-year layoff.

In other words he doesn’t want to be another Willie Mays, tripping over his own feet in the outfield while closing out his baseball career with the Mets at the age of (drum roll, please) 42.

Miller respects his legacy with the Pacers too much to soil it by becoming a green-clad mercenary. Not many pro athletes have come out of retirement to play for another team after their jersey numbers have been retired. Besides, he could never look at that Bentley Mel and Herb Simon gave him the same again.* He’s a sophisticated man who can adapt to most any environment, but I don’t see him being comfortable in Boston. Why brave the weather, traffic and sterile confines of the league’s worst arena? The chowder isn’t that good.* He hit 32 percent of his 3-point shots his last season with the Pacers. Has he improved since then?

He’s got a good life going. He can’t possibly be that bored. And if he is, I've got a used set of golf clubs I'll give him. They'd make a lovely birthday gift. A lovely 42nd birthday gift, I might add.

Edited by JaySole - August 11 2007 at 1:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic