Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Reaction to Semi-Permanent Hair Coloring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jewelcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Reaction to Semi-Permanent Hair Coloring
    Posted: August 11 2007 at 12:27am
I think I've figured out what happened after I had a very bad experience at a salon!  It was the first time ever that I had my hair colored (hairdresser used Redkin Shades EQ, level 3 brown color), but did not do a patch test first to make sure I wasn't allergic to the ingredients, especially para-phenylenediamine (PPD) that so many people are allergic to.  I'm going there tomorrow for a patch test to test my theory even though it is too late for me this time.  The good news is, the fried, swollen feeling of my scalp has decreased significantly, but is still sensitive to touch, and now the main problems are the loss of hair and a very itchy, sensitive scalp.  I'm trying my best to wash the color out in hopes that when it is gone, so will my itchiness.  As for the thinning hair on the top of my head...I think that was due mostly to the extreme heat of the hood hair dryer, but who knows...maybe to an allergy too.  I've ordered Nisim Shampoo, Conditioner and Extracts to help with that.  My brother has used their products for 3 years and swears by them, so I'm hoping that my hair will come back!  I was told by Nisim that I should know how the product is working within just 2 months, so keep your fingers crossed for me!  Wink
          cathug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic