Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

50 Cent: I'll quit if outsold by West

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 50 Cent: I'll quit if outsold by West
    Posted: August 11 2007 at 2:16am
50 Cent believes his new album will outsell Kanye West's upcoming disc, and he's betting his solo career on it. Both 50 Cent and West have albums due out Sept. 11. 50 Cent, who has sold better than West, has been riled by forecasts that sales of West's "Graduation" could rival those for his "Curtis" CD.  
Is 50 cent serious r is this a joke.
Graduation better outsell.
Personal Record: 6-0!
Frizzle1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizzle1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 2:52am
Man, who da hell buys cds anymore anyways? LOL

Nah. Just playin. I bought Late Registration and i'm definetely gonna cop graduation.

Not sure who will outsell who but that was a balsy move on 50's part considerin he ain't come out wit somethin good in a long while. On the other hand, Kanye West's music can remain "hip" enuff for the "hipsters" yet simple and safe enuff for the mainstream. Not sure if 50 provides that same versatility because most of the people i see listenin to him are thugs or thuggish wannabes.

Imma go ahead and give the edge to Kanye. 50 better start plannin his retirement.

Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 3:19am
Again 50 doesn't hold any weight in the game anymore.
Look like 50s gonna take an

Edited by Willie SKRILLA - August 11 2007 at 3:22am
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 6:38am
50 Cent is going to sell alot of records regardless so I don't know about this one it looks like it's going to be close.....

Waves(2001-Present)
iBrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 11:09am
Kanye>50
Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 11:20am
50 can keep it moving. We don't really need a solo album. The massacre only sold so many records because of Get Rich, the Game & 50 beefing, and all the other beef 50 was starting with everybody. Besides critics have already said that 50's CD was weak. That's why he pushed the date up to September 11th. He had to re-work some tracks.
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 11:26am
Have yall heard that new G Unit diss track. I usually don't like Yayo or Banks or 50 for that matter but they came correct.
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 11:26am
Beg For Mercy Status.
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
gnarly_waves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarly_waves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 11:45am
man 50 ain't no damn rapper. if the rap game loses 50, it wouldn't even matter. i know i will be copping kanye's album, just because i'm a kanye fan, but also in hopes that he will outsell 50, especially after hearing this. i still got a feeling 50 will be #1 on the charts tho :(

everybody on here better buy "Graduation." this the one time u can't bootleg. if u wanna get a bootleg, go get 50's album, kuz i guarantee u it will suck anyway. if u buy 50's album from the store, u suck, and i will personally come find u at ur house and eat ur family.
"but this is the remix, with the cheap tricks, hittin' sweet licks, and I cut the braids off but the waves in the fade'll make you seasick!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizzle1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by gnarly_waves gnarly_waves wrote:

man 50 ain't no damn rapper. if the rap game loses 50, it wouldn't even matter. i know i will be copping kanye's album, just because i'm a kanye fan, but also in hopes that he will outsell 50, especially after hearing this. i still got a feeling 50 will be #1 on the charts tho :(

everybody on here better buy "Graduation." this the one time u can't bootleg. if u wanna get a bootleg, go get 50's album, kuz i guarantee u it will suck anyway. if u buy 50's album from the store, u suck, and i will personally come find u at ur house and eat ur family.

Wow. Eazy there Hannibal. LOL U on that Mike Tyson sh!t "Like imma eat yo' children". hahahaha.

Nah, forreal tho. I really have stopped buyin CDs because this is the digital age and my source of music is my ipod. However, because i too am a Kanye fan, imma just buy the CD off principle and respect for the artist. Also for collection purposes too.

Now 50, i will download it at best and see if it even qualifies to make it onto my ipod. He's really the underdog in this fight against Kanye.
JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 2:01pm
Yea 50 is the undadog as for the rappin standpoint but i think he'll sell more cuz hes just gay FIDDY.

I never buy CD's either but i appreciate Kanye's music and feel that hes underratted n needs more support because he deserves it. Hes also got a real good personality that ill support. Ima cop his album.
Personal Record: 6-0!
JMAN21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMAN21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 8:15pm
Frizzle is right about CD sales though. A few weeks ago i bought the T.I. vs. T.I.P. CD and I thought "dang, i havent bought a CD in over a year now"
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2007 at 4:04pm
If 50 is serious and he don't rap anymore he'll probably will do something else like produce ablums and stuff 
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2007 at 10:10pm
Its all promotion, I cant believe people actually buy into what 50 says on tv and on the radio stations. I bought Late Registration it was a good album not great. To tell you the truth the only albums I cop are Nas albums. I dont even care who outsells who all I care about is good music. And time after time 50 proved as well as Biggie, Pac, Weezy, and Jay before him that the formula for a *successful* rap album is club bangers, repeatedly saying Bitches, hoes, n**** dis n**** dat, f**k this f**k that, Sex, drugs, p***y, my guns will blllad bllad bllad bllad, money this and money that  and you will have a platinum album along with catchy hooks, numerous singles, and tight beats.
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 12:52pm
I agree LIL romeo's  dad master P is trying to make a record label that has only clean lyrics that will prove that you don't need dirty lyrics to sell albums  
Chi-Town_Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi-Town_Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 1:17am
50 career is goin to end
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

joecool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joecool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 10:20am
Kanye got it in the BAG.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizzle1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 3:38pm

Besides, i don't see why 50 needs to continue rappin. His people made the right financial decisions wit his money to assure his future anyways. The homie told me that he has a lot of stock in that Mineral water company. Anyways, from the looks of it, that set him for life.

So really, it wouldn't really matter at this point if he rapped ever again. Atleast to me, it wouldn't.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic