Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foxy Brown Booted from Def Jam?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foxy Brown Booted from Def Jam?
    Posted: August 16 2007 at 9:45am

Rapper Foxy Brown surrendered to authorities yesterday (Aug. 14) on assault charges stemming from a July 30 incident, in which she hit her neighbor in the face with her BlackBerry, injuring the woman.

Brown, who is currently on probation for a 2004 assault involving two manicurists, has had a long-standing dispute with her neighbor Arlene Raymond, 25.

According to The New York Post, the origin of the dispute revolved around the volume of the stereo of Foxy Brown's car.

Shortly before the July 30 assault, Brown allegedly confronted Raymond at the pharmacy where she works, flashed a wad of money in her face and called her a "low life b**ch" that would "never be nothing."

The women crossed paths on a street corner in their Prospect Heights neighborhood on July 30 and Brown allegedly attacked Raymond.

"She just ran into me and she just started screaming, I hate you, b**ch," Raymond told The New York Post. "And she hit me with her Blackberry. She just threw it at me. I have an abrasion in my eye. It was red and bleeding. She ran off to her mothers home."

Raymond went to a local hospital and treated for a bruised eye and a loose tooth.

Officials with the Department of Probation filed a violation, which means Brown could face at least one year in prison for the assault for the alleged incident.

Brown was released yesterday on $5,000 bail. A hearing was set for September 26.

In addition to the latest incident, Brown, 27, is facing charges stemming from February incident in Pembroke Pines, Florida when Brown allegedly spit on the owner of a beauty supply store and struggled with an arresting officer.

In that incident, Brown was charged with battery and resisting an officer with violence. She was released on $1500 bond.

Brown has pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor assault charges stemming from the February beauty store incident.

In related news, Brown is no longer recording for Def Jam and has inked a deal with Koch Records.

Brown will launch her own imprint, Black Rose Entertainment.

The label will release at least three albums a year, with the first project being Brown's album Brooklyn's Don Diva (Dec. 4) and the second being her highly anticipated album Black Roses.

Waves(2001-Present)
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 3:37pm
I haven't heard any music from foxy brown I don't like her music personally
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 10:51pm
I don't either she has turned into the black britney spears though because she can't stay out of trouble!

Waves(2001-Present)
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2007 at 11:35am
for real she need to get her self together and stop acting so getto
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2007 at 4:55pm
I have been to beauty salons and those damn employees give me the creeps, snigglin' and gigglin' in a foreign language, I wish I could speak Korean,, and I wish I could throw more than Foxxy did.  Most are rude and condescending.  Two sides to every story.  Women get jealous of eachother maybe her neighbor is taunting her....u never know....

Foxxy needs to be reminded how this makes her look regardless of what the truth is. She is in the media, and this ain't lookin' good........... if we know the entire scoop as written, then I say Foxxy there is help available Seek it!
The last thing I liked that she worked on was
"I'll be good"

Edited by Anomis - August 19 2007 at 9:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic