Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anti Wrinkle Creams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anti Wrinkle Creams
    Posted: August 16 2007 at 6:19pm
I have been reading in magazines and hearing from friends that women should start using anti wrinkle creams when they are in their 20s.  I know that my mother did not start using that until she was older but I'm wondering what you guys think.  I was in lord and taylor over the weekend and they have an awesome selection of skin care products, but I didn't know what to choose.  I normally buy lancome products so I'm thinking of going with them -  they had it for a great price too.  Does anyone else use an anti wrinkle cream and what are your thoughts?  
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2007 at 9:27am
I just turned 30 ( in feb), and I have been using anti-aging products straight for about 1-2 yrs. I have used them here and there over the past 5 yrs or so.I wish I had started a few more years ago, but in the past they would make me brake out, so I couldn't. For the past 6 months or so, I have been using a line called mychelle. It is all natural, so it doesn't have all the chemicals that traditional products do. I absolutly love all of the products. I had been getting a few fine lines areound my eyes, but now they are going away!! My skin is so soft, and supple!

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2007 at 11:09am
I have never heard of that line.  Where can you get it and can I find it online?  So, I guess I should start using something.  I'm thinking that I will go back to lord and taylor and get the Lancome cream since it's convenient.  But I'd like to learn more about the line that you use.  
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2007 at 9:33pm
do a search on line ,or I believe the site is www.mychelleusa.com. I know that numerous health food stores carry it,look around if you have any near you. I absolutely LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this line.Hug It is pricier, (more like a department store  line), than any drug store line, but it is all natural, and a little really does go a long way. I have thought many times about leaving a comesumer report on the website, because I have sensitive skin that brakes out very easily, bashand this line has only made things get better, and better. Not to mention, as I said before, how soft it is becoming.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Arthur10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2008 at 2:02am
sorry, I have no experience with lancome product whether it is good or not to resolve wrinkles but there are lots of anti wrinkle remedies in market and i prefer Herbals Anti-Wrinkle Cream because it contains natural elements which prevent oxidative skin damage, appearance of wrinkles and skin laxity. Regular use prevents skin damages from free radicals, reduces the visibility of existing wrinkles and delays the appearance of new ones and it has no side effect.

Edited by Arthur10 - April 29 2009 at 8:29am
bubbly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 2:49am

anti wrinkle creams can be great although i think using spf from a young age is more important.  I tried Olay (7 in one) but it didn't seem to work. For me L'oreal was better.  Sorry,.... I can remember what the full brand names are as I haven't used them in a while.  Now I just use a tinted moisturiser with spf.

Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 5:20pm

I myself have been using oil of olay's regenerist line and I must say I am impressed with the results.  I also find thier hydrating moisturizer works really great under your makeup or alone.  I have never tried the other products mentioned here but I will.

Edited by Mistress Shaka - June 25 2008 at 5:20pm
williams_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williams_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 1:14pm
I have been using Boots "Protect & Perfect" serum for about a month now and I can honestly say that my complextion has impoved and that my skin does look healthier and fresher (some might say younger!) Not sure if it can perform miracles on lines though!!
lilly213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilly213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 8:11am
I have been using Boots "Protect & Perfect" serum for about a month now and I can honestly say that my complextion has impoved and that my skin does look healthier and fresher (some might say younger!) Not sure if it can perform miracles on lines though!!

Ovarian Cysts No More

Edited by lilly213 - September 15 2008 at 8:12am
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 3:19pm
I agree L'Oreal has some great products and overall they are comparable with some department store beauty lines. I do not believe you have to spend $ 50 for a good wrinkle cream. That's ridiculous. And for many of us on a budget, just not practical.

I also alternate regular olive oil dabbed right under my eyes and on my forehead every other day or so. So simple and cheap. And it's worked wonders for me. My skin seems very smoothe. Topically, they have proven it does help collagen resist damage. Many botanical skin products already include olive oil or other oils ( jajoba, almond oil, etc...) I would highly suggest it- in addition to a stronger wrinkle cream.
RDYRED25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDYRED25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2008 at 10:27am

i use retin-a prescribed by my dermatologist...although originally this was to fight acne...studies found that it decreases wrinkles and fine lines...

jessssica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessssica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 1:46pm
Most aging of skin, including wrinkles, is caused by oxidation, and the best defense against wrinkling is prevention. Always good to do exercises and eat healthy food.  Fresh, active Vitamin C can perform as a "Free Radical Fixer" and help stabilize your skin's condition to prevent further problems.
Jessica J.

Hair Care, Skin Care Consultant

How fast are you oxidizing?
Jewels408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewels408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2009 at 11:55am
Hey

I've heard the same thing, but I don't use them. I just use Eyeslices. It's like a fun spa treatment at home. They reduce any puffiness or dark circles and their reusable.

I've been using these for a few months and I don't see the need to buy eye creams yet. I think that if you're looking for some preventative treatment, I'd try Eyeslices instead of buying a huge line of anti aging products.
LavenderPink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LavenderPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2009 at 4:39am
I use Philosophy skincare lines, but I did try the kit of dr.brandts....This one is costly but does do well, but for me, philosphy does well also.
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2009 at 2:42am
i dont think you can start too early for aging or anti wrinkle products lol. I know girls who tan every other day and spend lots of time in the sun. We all eat healthy (very important) but have great looking skin. you need vitamin e in your diet for skin to keep elasticity. I think if you have found a line you like stick with it. But it is good to confuse your skin sometimes so it doesnt get use to the same thing. Same with working out you want to switch up your routine or your body becomes accustom to the same thing, and then not getting the best results. I use bare minerals make up and a nuetrogina night cream works great for me but some like L oreal. And dont forget when touching under your eyes use your ring finger that part of your skin is not as strong as the rest of your face so it can damage easier. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic