Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WOW - My experiences at HairBoutique.com.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
June Hsu View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote June Hsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOW - My experiences at HairBoutique.com.
    Posted: March 31 2002 at 3:36pm

I am fairly new here at this site. I had read a lot about HairBoutique.com and first heard about it last year when I read about Karen Shelton being named Entrepreneur of the Year by Working Women magazine.

I came to this site to read a few articles about long hair which I hope to have some day. Then I got totally addicted. One day I spent over 6 hours straight reading at least 250 of the thousands of articles about hair that are here.

I had read that they have incredible customer service. I like the hair jewelry here. So I ordered a couple of the beautiful white austrian crystal hair barrettes in the Marketplace. I ordered them on a Tuesday at 2:00 pm. I live in Kansas City. I got the barrettes, which looks exactly like the photos and are beautiful, on Thursday morning. It was sitting on my doorstep when I left for school. I was so excited and so shocked at the speed.

Inside the package was a handwritten note to me from Karen, the owner of this site. She also included a little "gift" from her. I did not know what the gift was. It sort of looked like earrings but instead it had tiny metal snaps on the back. So they were not earrings.

I wrote a note to "Customer Service" at HairBoutique.com that evening at 11:30 pm. and asked what the little hair jewels were. I explained that I did not know if it was a mistake or what was up.

Imagine my surprise when just 15 minutes later at 11:45 pm I received a personal email from Karen herself. Geez, talk about great customer service. Apparently any customer service emails are copied to her personally.

She told me that she included a pair of their white Art deco hairsnaps as a gift to go w/ my new crystal barrettes. She explained that sometimes she includes free product samples, sometimes tiny sample jewelry and sometimes free earrings. She said it depended on what was available, whether she is packing the products and some other factors.

I told her via email that I did not know how to use hair snaps although they were very pretty. She emailed me right back exactly how to use them. We exchanged about 3 emails and by the time we were finished I had the gorgeous new hair snaps in my hair. :-)

June

Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2002 at 7:00pm
Thanks for sharing this, June.
This is an excellent example of why many of us think so highly of Karen and HairBoutique.com!!

Chris

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2002 at 3:27am
Hi June,

Hope you are enjoying the hair snaps. :-)

Thank you Chris for your very kind response.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic