Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mixing Perm with cinditioner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sassee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mixing Perm with cinditioner
    Posted: August 25 2007 at 3:11pm
I have been using the same stylist for several years, but have noticed each time I get a perm, she sprays something on the tips of my hair as she rolls it.  I just assumed it was water.  After the perm and styling (I do my own), I noticed the ends (about 1/4 inch) are totally straight, but not bad enough to investigate.  Unfortunately, I just had a perm done by this same stylist, and I have absolutely no curl on the top of my hair and very little on the sides and back.  My stylist, commenting my hair appeared damaged by sun and hair spray, sprayed the same solution (I still thought it was water), all over my hair this time and not just the ends, as she rolled it.  When I returned 1 1/2 weeks after the perm for a color, I questioned my stylist as to why I have very little curl on the body of my hair and straight on the top.  She first suggested I might be taking a new medication, which I am not.  She then admitted to spraying conditioner on my hair as she curled it before applying the perm solution.  She said my hair was in such bad condition, she didn't want to "fry" it with a perm.   I have a couple of events coming up in a month and my hair is not at all cooperating.  The stylist said I could wait 20 days and she would re-perm.  I don't think this is a good idea.  Fortunately, after the color, my hair appears to be somewhat healthy in appearance......just no curl and very difficult to style.   I am using Graham Webb "Silk Repair" leave-in conditioner.  Could the spray-on conditioner she used be the culprit causing the perm not to curl?  This same stylist cautions me after each perm not to condition my hair for a week after perming because the conditioner will relax the perm.   How long should I wait until I perm again?  I desperately need curl!  Any suggestions/ comments would be appreciated. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic