Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rigghtt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dre114 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dre114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rigghtt
    Posted: August 26 2007 at 9:40pm
I cant get my right side i am always brushin and dey still dont come in any suggestions??
lilpitbull2016 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpitbull2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 10:01pm
keep brushing, right side is the hardest and read past forums and threads but yeah wolf and keep brushing

BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 8:21am
Originally posted by wave connection wave connection wrote:

As I have stated before, the crown of most 360 wavers heads, spins out clockwise. This means that most crowns grow out in a spiral towards the right. This growth pattern, also, extends out to the entire head. This means that the sides of your head represent to polarizing areas of a spiral. And, if you examine rotation and centrifugal force, the weakest area of a spiral is its starting point and the strongest area of a spiral is parallel to that area or what would be the other side of the spiral. So if you’re looking at your head from the back and see it as a traditional analog clock, the spiral would start at 12 o’clock and rotate to the right. So if you compare your head to a spiral, you can see that the spiral starts on the right side of your head and ends on the left. Since this is the case, the right side of your head is the beginning of the spiral and thus has the weakest area of potential hair grain pattern intensity and the left side of your head is the end of the spiral and thus has the stronger potential hair grain pattern intensity. This discrepancy isn’t noticed until you start trying to train these areas to wave up. The right side wants to go slightly downward and back, like its spiral pattern. Basically you hair grain on the right side needs more training to compensate for the fact that it is in a weak rotation area.  I recommend brushing the right side twice as much as the left with a medium or hard brush to compensate for this discrepancy.

Many 360 wavers brush there right side at a more downward angle to help with these grain and rotational issues. 

Originally posted by wave connection wave connection wrote:

I posted this information before, but have reintroduced it for future reference.

Your hair texture and its grain, (the natural direction of your hair growth), is not the same all over your head.  The top and back of most peoples heads have a similiar texture and a straight grain pattern.  More specifically, the hair grows straight forward on the top of the head and straight down on the back of the head.

The sides are tricky because you are brushing the grain sideways and the texture is not always consistent.  It takes time for the hair on the sides to develop a new grain pattern.  It's kind of like the hair doesn't know where to go, lol.  The problem with side visibility is compounded by the fact that waves are seen best at an angle.  Lots of visibility is lost when people look at your sides straight on.  That is why you see most 360 wavers showing their sides at a 45 degree angle from the top. 

Also, the hair on your sides usually has a shorter length than the top and back.  You have to compensate for that fact by communicating with your barber.  He must understand how to properly cut 360 waves.  The sides may need to be cut slightly longer than the top and back to maximize the visibilty of the connection.

Finally, I brush my sides twice as much as my top and back to help maintain a good connection and reinforce the unnatural sideways grain pattern.
DUB-C
dre114 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dre114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 1:23pm
ight cool thanks 4 da help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic