FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gaining weight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gaining weight
    Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:27am
What are some things that I can do to gain weight? I'm 6'1' and 160 lbs. I'm finally starting to go to the gym to get my muscle game up but i wanna put on a lil weight so i won't just be skinny and with muscles. Also, what are some things that i should eat that helps to gain weight the fastest?

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:39am
Im tryna gain weight too. Im skinny as f**k, 5'10 and 133 lbs.

Try to eat food packed with protein like fish and peanuts.
Personal Record: 6-0!
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 1:01am
If your trying to gain weight, eat a lot of protein. Like right now I'm on a protein diet I'm 6'4 193pounds (lost weight) for breakfast I eat eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheesegrits. I snack on lots of peanut butter sandwichs's and peanuts. For lunch I eat hearty tuna salad/chicken salad sandwich's or turkey, ham, chicken, bologni sandwich's.  The key is to eat whenever you can along with working out. Its the same philosophy as getting waves, the more you brush etc etc etc.

For dinner, eat lots of meat but lean meats stick to lean cuts of meat with very little fat. Drink lots of water, milk, and dont forget to eat some veggies in there too. I've been on the protein diet for about 4days now and I've gained 2.5pounds. I lost 13pounds over the summer somehow.

^^ Doing that along with working out should gain your weight up, but remember to keep eating...im not saying gorge yourself but eat. Also do more sets and less reps.
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 1:28am
Thanx for the info Supa...I'mma go out and buy those foods tomorrow.
Btw...I always used to mix up sets and reps...which one is which?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 2:27am

So did I, I know which is which I just don't know how to explain it. Like when I bench I do 6sets of 8reps, adding more weight to each set. its a damn shame I used to know which was which and I lift all the time. Oh, are you trying to build muscle or just be lean and cut.

King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 7:48am
oh ok...so its like this (example): I would bench 190lbs 8 times (8 reps), take a quick break, and do this process 4 times (4 sets). Am i right?

And I'm tryin to be lean and cut while at the same time gain muscle...in other words, I want to be a lil bit bigger than i am now while at the same time, get ripped   

Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 8:21am
lol @ cAHsh im tryna get biggr  im 5'11 @ 167 or so. i got protein things ontop of my fridge cus my bro is pretty jacked. just with school i aint got time, i eat pretty good tho
joecool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joecool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 9:16am
I take whey protein and just eat healthy...make sure u drink a lot of water when working out too
Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 9:23am
YEAH THATS WUT IT IS JOECOOL
iBrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:38pm
calories too bruh, eat lots of ice cream. Bread ,pasta and you good money.
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 4:30pm
Since the point in weight loss is to burn more calories than you take on I would suggest you stop working out for about 3 months and focus on a decent amount of weight gain and then hit the gym up again.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Gvyll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gvyll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 5:12pm

If your tryin to gain weight FAST!!! Eat right before you go to bed so all the food does is just sit in your stomach and the body absorbs it.Also try eating a peanut butter sandwich with whole milk (try making the layer of p.butter thick).RIGHT BEFORE BED.

And yeah those are the right sets and reps.But dont over do the workouts.

P.S. Try PMing 360spinna at 360

King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 7:00pm
Thanx bruh^

@ Willie...I was thinkin of doing the same thing...but not for 3 months

popsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 12:15pm
just eat and lift.. i went from 150 to 185 in about 6 months.
chrisdog212 View Drop Down
HB ALLSTAR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisdog212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 7:21pm
Quote take whey protein and just eat healthy

you better work out with taht fam
cause u gonna gain weight and its gonna be fat and not muscle
i got some homeboys that took it without working out
and they just fat now lol

[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2333/picture063jq1.jpg" />
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 9:26pm
^^ hell yea I stay messing with my dude thats like that, I eat whenever he eat but I work out so Im converting it to muscle. He just eats and sleeps...god damn fatass.

Sleepy B View Drop Down

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 1:05am
When I first started weight training I gained like 12 lbs from lifting alone. I didnt eat any different. Right after I left the weight room at school i'd go 2 a restaurant and grab somethin 2 eat. I heard somewhere that after a workout yo body craves nutrients more and it effects u more. IDK. I'll look up on it and post it when I find it.
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 11:23pm
Thanx for all the info people.

25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 6:32pm
ya some skinny niccas I'm 6'5 about 198 once you gain some good amount of weight turn that muscle into fat like I did and you will see a dramatic weight lift remember muscle weighs more than fat 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic