Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amanda Panda

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amanda Panda
    Posted: September 23 2007 at 10:07pm
Your hair always looks fabulousStar I love your site too
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
Cats may have staff but dogs have slaves, tired ones
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 9:22pm
Thanks tdouty and DaveDecker!!! Embarrassed
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 8:34pm
Another here with great admiration for the beautifully silky lush mane that AmandaPanda has created.  Thumbs%20Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Alisa06 Alisa06 wrote:

I am interested in the morroco method for hair cutting, do you think you could please tell me a little more about it?

Sure! If you go to http://www.morroccomethod.com/lunar.shtml , you'll see a chart that shows the optimum days for trimming your hair each month if you want to thicken, lengthen, strengthen etc.

Anyway, I've been using this chart for a few years. I measure every month and I always get ½". The only time I notice more than that is after a trim on a MM date for length. It could be from ¼-½" more. Coincidence? I think not. I've just been doing the red letter dates since early this year. After this month, I probably won't trim again this year.

You'll notice the best date this year to trim for length is at the end of the month. You can bet I'm trimming then! Wink I'm only trimming ½" this time.

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 2:27pm
My compliments as well.  When looking at your slides, sometimes I was amazed at how much your hair looked like it had grown from one pic to the next.  It just goes to show how sometimes it seems like hair stalls in one place, but it's growing and you don't notice until one day you think ... wow, it's grown!  Pictures of you from the back look like you're all silky shiney hair!

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 8:45am
I agree, Amanda Panda, Your hair looks amazingly healthy! I looked at you site, and I could not believe how fast your hair has grown! Good for you!

I am interested in the morroco method for hair cutting, do you think you could please tell me a little more about it?
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 10:57pm
You're really sweet, thank you. I enjoy reading book your posts, they make me smile Smile
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 8:30pm

Amanda, thank you for pointing our your website - I totally missed it in your sig.  BTW your website is awesome and I love the picture with your hair spread out like wings, you look like an angel.  You also have the most beautiful natural color hair I have ever seen; it truly is breathtaking. I appreciate you posting your hair care routine.  I am always interested in how people take care of their hair, especially when it is really nice.

I also like your "blow-fry", it is my new word. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 8:12pm
Thank you! I was absolutely tickled to check in and see this. I have a routine posted on my web page, which I may need to update.

I wash every other day (just my scalp - the length gets washed about every other wash) with either Herbal Essences Body Envy S&C or Back to Basics Kiwi Melon S&C (discontinued, but you can find it on ebay). I also like Kenra Volumizing Shampoo and Moisturizing Conditioner. I highly recommend them.

I don't color nor blow-fry.

I usually only comb my hair...though never when wet. Occasionally I will use a boar bristle brush on dried, disentangled hair. I'll run my fingers through it when it's wet to separate the hair so it dries faster. I leave it loose as it dries...I don't wring it or twist it up in a towel.

I trim my own hair 2-3 times per year.

I wear it loose as often as possible but I will also wear buns. I wear it in 2 braids or loose to bed.

I think this covers everything. Thanks for asking!

P.S. I love Spongebob!

Edited by AmandaPanda - August 29 2007 at 8:13pm
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 4:05pm
I keep on forgetting to post this, so I am giving you your own.  I just wanted to compliment you on your hair.  It is so shiny, it looks almost like glass.  Do you have a hair care routine posted anywhere? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic