Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Diane Lane went short!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kevin2971071 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin2971071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diane Lane went short!
    Posted: August 30 2007 at 6:17am
If you go to Gettyimages.com you can see a picture. It is the shortest I can remember her ever having.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 7:19am
Not my favorite look for her!  Has her ear always been that big?

Edited by Hal - August 30 2007 at 7:21am
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 9:31am
Diane is a little older. I'm glad she hasn't gotten plastic surgery. She's aging beautifully.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 9:31am

They can't all be blonde with flippy ends Hal...

We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 4:14pm
      Ouch Ugh! Hal and I are in agreement???!!! Must be "Hairmageddon", Arch! Blessings, Bob Embarrassed
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 10:34pm
She always looks good--but this isn't one of my favourite looks on her.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 11:53pm
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/76385128.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193C1A11C22297C79F526A5F388E9F09B4D

Do you think she showed up for work that day, looked at Donald Sutherland and thought, "I'm a lucky lady. My hair is just as long as Donald Sutherland's." By the look on Donald's face, I reckon he was thinking the same thing. Personally, I don't see anything that interests me.
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 2:58pm
I guess Diane decided to go with the boyish cut. Kramer I agree with you that does look odd for her hair to be just as long as Donald's. This look doesn't look good in any way.
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 1:51am
People

Edited by Heath - September 01 2007 at 1:53am
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 2:13pm
The cut is bad--but she sure is one beautiful lady!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 12:58am
HAWG
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 1:02pm
I so liked Diane Lane better with long hair. Here she is the other night on USA TV:

Her movie "Untraceable" is getting panned by many critics. No doubt they liked her better with long hair as well. LOL Wink
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 1:11pm
I'm glad you put the "LOL" there, Kramer - one could easily start to assume you think all critics a) grade a movie based on the lead actress' hair, and 2) share your long hair preference. Which I'm sure isn't true. Right?

Anyway, I didn't like her hair in the movie either - short is great for me, but the style looked awkward. I do like it better in the Craig Ferguson link though - a little more length, some well-placed layers, some volume and a side part all do wonders.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 1:30pm
She sure did look great with long hair.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Curlyfan Curlyfan wrote:

I'm glad you put the "LOL" there, Kramer - one could easily start to assume you think all critics a) grade a movie based on the lead actress' hair, and 2) share your long hair preference. Which I'm sure isn't true. Right?

Anyway, I didn't like her hair in the movie either - short is great for me, but the style looked awkward. I do like it better in the Craig Ferguson link though - a little more length, some well-placed layers, some volume and a side part all do wonders.
Not only did I add the LOL, I inserted the winking emoticon for emphasis. No, I don't believe critics judge a movie based on a woman's hair. I guess it's a good thing I'm not a movie critic, eh? Here's another photo link of how she looked on the Regis show, either earlier the same day or the next morning:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses her long hair. I remember the first time I saw Diane Lane, as a child star on the cover of Time Magazine in 1979. Man, she had a great head of hair back then:

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 10:45pm
When I read this title I was thinking wow she got it cut on the Today show no picked it up? I guess her cutting on that show was waste. No notice until she did a moive. That is kind of sad. Since it Today show was for wigs for older women who needs them. Sorry I guess I did see something funny then when I writing this post it got me down.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2008 at 6:28pm
This undated photo shoot was just posted on a site. If you had gorgeous hair like Diane had in these photos, would you cut it? (And please try to keep hair donation charities like Locks of Love out of your consideration.)

Edited by Kramer - May 09 2008 at 6:30pm
Who has more fun than people?
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2008 at 6:58pm
Kramer, I hear the frustration in your post. And I could easily ask the same question, substituting "gorgeous curls" (as she's shown on occasion) for "gorgeous hair."

But we're both asking the wrong questions. The question isn't whether she looks great with long hair - she does. The question she probably asked herself, though, is probably along the lines of, Am I ready for a change? Am I in the mood to do something daring? Do I need a break from managing this hair to keep it looking this good? Do I want a less weighty cut for summer? Would my husband like it shorter? Is it required for a movie role? And I'm pretty sure the answer to at least one of those was "yes."

I'm also sure she reminded herself that it's just hair, and it'll grow back. Right?
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 6:12am
Kramer great pic's!!!! I really like her with longer hair, very sexy!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 1:59pm
Long or short - she is just a natural beauty.
Diane%20Lane%20is%2043%20and%20HOT!%20You%20can%20be%20too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic