Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is Just For Me Texture Softner only for girls?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Just For Me Texture Softner only for girls?
    Posted: August 31 2007 at 8:21am
Has anyone used Just For Me Texture Softner on their sons hair?  I was wondering can this product get their hair a little straight and not bone straight like a perm?  I'm trying to get away from the curly hair that they have and more managabilty when I braid their hair.
mz. dimples
kinkycurlygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinkycurlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 2:17pm
This is a mild relaxer.  I have seen some other people use it on other hair forums.  Are you sure you want to use a chemical on your shild's hair?  Sometimes there are other alternatives.
www.fotki.com/bmli111
fatkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 4:39pm
Thanks for the reply.  Do you know of any other alternatives to help manage my sons hair.   Its getting to the point all I want to do to their hair are ponytails.  I have four boys with long hair and one has very thick curly hair, while the other has thin/thick curly hair.  The other two have thin curly hair and needs nothing.  I'm in need of some serious help.  One more thing do you know any sites have have braiding hair styles .
mz. dimples

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinkycurlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 7:40pm
Try going to motowngirl.com.  There are lots of natural hair care tips, braiding, and links to different websites.  There are also homemade recipes for hair.  Let me know if that helps you out.
www.fotki.com/bmli111
fatkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2007 at 10:55am

Thanks

mz. dimples
TONETTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONETTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2007 at 1:19am
JUST FOR ME is an excellent product and can straighten or perm, depending on the procedures. SET the hair with smooth plastic rollers for best results.  Rollers work well on both boys and girls.
fatkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2007 at 7:17am
thanks, but I'm still unsure if I should go through with it.
mz. dimples
TONETTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONETTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2007 at 9:09pm

I knew of JUST FOR ME from the 80's, and personally knew of mothers who found the product great for helping to straighten tight kinky curly frizzy hair, and using the product like a perm, Setting the hair with small rollers, really helps manage and helps provide style and smoothness to any style desired. Its especially good for boys, who have the lack of styling potentials that girls have.  I hope you change your mind. Try it on on one of your boys and if it works,  you have nothing to loose.

fatkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2007 at 11:33pm
thanks
mz. dimples

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinkycurlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2007 at 8:34am
I really wouldn't use it.  It is a realxer and it can be damaging.  Especially if you are just trying to loosen the curl pattern.  You have to be very precise or it can go wrong.  If you do use it you have to remember to moisturize  the hair.  I mean a lot.  It will dry out the hair. 
www.fotki.com/bmli111
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic