Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Danica Patrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Danica Patrick
    Posted: September 01 2007 at 4:47pm
When Danica Patick wins her first race her teammates have promised -- threatened? -- to cut off her luxuriant black hair.  Do you think her teammates will really cut off her hair? 
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 4:58pm
No chance, her sponsors wouldn't be too thrilled since that would go against how they are marketing her.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 3:38am
Will she ever win a race?
anonzzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonzzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 10:34am
Unfortunately Katherine Legge, a British driver who try to enter F1 race crashed during her trial lap /test.

2 Other female racers on NASCAR:

From Venezuela:

Milka Duno

> Ever win

Sarah Fisher may have better chance than Danica or Milka:

Sarah Fisher

Comparison
kensrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 5:39am
Came damn close today, got 2nd.... Ran in top 5 good chunk of the race and even led for awhile.

She has 2 3rd place finished and a 2nd this year, not to mention top 10 in season points, so yeah I think she will win a race.

This year is not likely as there only is one more race left next weekend.

It is sponsored by Mr. Clean though, kind of fitting if you ask me, lol.
Leadfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 10:29am

BIG open wheel racing fan here.Thumbs%20Up

Danica's much better than Sarah Fisher, Milka Duno, or Katherine Legg.  Why?  Because she is a more versatile driver - she is good on both ovals and road/street coarses.  I don't care for her attitude at times, but would still really like to see her win a race.  As far as sacrificing her hair for a win - IMO she'd shave it in a heartbeat.

And just to clarify - the only one of these women drivers who raced in Nascar was Fisher, and that was in the NASCAR Grand National Division.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by jaw5 jaw5 wrote:

When Danica Patick wins her first race her teammates have promised -- threatened? -- to cut off her luxuriant black hair.  Do you think her teammates will really cut off her hair? 

If it's true, it sounds rather threatening.  The following hypothetical analogy isn't quite accurate, but suppose the gender roles were reversed... and some guy was hoping to win the first-ever race as a man.  Do you suppose the teammates would threaten to cut his b@lls off?

Surely, if she (or another woman) were to win an IRL race someday, they could come up with some other rite of initiation?

makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 7:31am
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Do you suppose the teammates would threaten to cut his b@lls off?

Ummm, hair does grow back.  :-)
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 11:37am
What I can't understand is why does every female must have have short hair? I guess you can ask the same question to us long hair lovers. I would like to know what do you find sexy about short hair?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by makeitshort makeitshort wrote:

Ummm, hair does grow back.  :-)

But while it does (probably several years duration), the person is without the hair length/style they prefer.

I doubt that anybody who has and prefers very short hair and were (if theoretically possible) somehow "forced" to have to endure very long hair, and only permitted to shorten it by 1/2" per month, would be very happy. (sort of mirroring the danicapatrick scenario originally presented.)

[and if a different member were detached, it could be surgically re-attached, as has been proven by what's-his-name-I-can't-remember...]

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 6:57pm

When she does eventually win a race (I think it's pretty certain that she will), I could see the other team mates cutting off one small lock, as a token.  I also think she needs some sort of style.  She is cute, but her long hair just makes her look shorter, IMHO

jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:01am

I agree.  Her teammates will only cut a small piece of her hair and not shave her bald

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

I also think she needs some sort of style.

So she can look just like everybody else who has "a style?"  This is her style.

Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

She is cute, but her long hair just makes her look shorter,  IMHO

Okay.  My eyes aren't deceived by hair length, when "assessing" (such as it occurs) one's height.  In other words, were she to have short hair, to me she wouldn't look any taller.  Some guys are into women with less-than-average stature, so there's nothing "wrong" with being short.
jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 10:50pm

Milka Duno could use a haircut too.  Her hair is long just like Danica's.

PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 2:16am
Originally posted by jaw5 jaw5 wrote:

So basically her teammates are threatening to do something to her to make her more like a guy and possibly against her will?

So they could pin her down and cut her hair.
OR
What if she were wearing a bra and panties under her suit and they stripped her and then dressed her in mens underwear by force?
OR
Ripped her sleeves off and held her while she got some ugly tatoo?

Somehow what her hair will look like or currently looks like doesn't seem to matter much to me. Not when she's being threatened with bodily harm.

If she wants to get her haircut after a win then that's fine. I'm not for or against long or short. People should choose for themselves. But that isn't what was written here. This is a thread about a forced haircut. Thumbs%20Down
Unless there is more to the story?

Edited by PurpleBubba - September 09 2007 at 2:18am
Leadfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 11:00am

Here's a link from the Indy Racing League's website: Click Here

From what Danica said she doesn't sound like a girl who's "threatened".

Here teammate Tony Kanaan just has a big personality, one of the better personalities in the league IMO.  Yes, he's a prankster and has been known to pull some pranks.    If she does win and he shaves her head, I guarantee you it wouldn't be against her will. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 11:24am
I disagree. She sounds more like some animal that's been tamed and doesn't see the use in fighting.

The point is if they grab her by force and do not allow her to have any say in the matter it is a forced haircut. And how dare they Threaten her into it.

If she wants a haircut as something to do for winning then that is up to her and I could care less what she chooses. But if she doesn't want a haircut she should not end up with one.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 1:28pm
Maybe the creative geniuses behind this scheme could come up with another rite instead of a haircut?  Oh but wait, their skills are in the driving department (only, apparently).

Of all the things that can be inflicted upon another person (including haircuts), you just can't force someone's hair to be longer.  (And no, that would not be a good thing, either.)

[I remember that guys' name now... johnbobbit.]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 1:30pm
Gosh Dave. That guy's name sounds like he would be a member here.
Leadfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by PurpleBubba PurpleBubba wrote:

I disagree. She sounds more like some animal that's been tamed and doesn't see the use in fighting.

Tamed? Seriously? LOL

Retorted Patrick: "I said tonight after today maybe it's a good idea; it's awfully hot. I love the way it feels. "

The point is if they grab her by force and do not allow her to have any say in the matter it is a forced haircut. And how dare they Threaten her into it.

I don't think that Danica, her team, sponsors, family, etc. would allow anyone to "Threaten" or "grab her by force" under ANY circomestances.  Don't you think if Danica didn't want the shave she'd say something?  Did you ever think that she already has?  Did you ever think the whole thing is just for publicity? 

If she wants a haircut as something to do for winning then that is up to her and I could care less what she chooses. But if she doesn't want a haircut she should not end up with one.

Right.  Well, apparently according to your responses she doesn't want it shaved.  If you can provide proof of that, than your comments are justified. Except saying (assuming) someone is threatening to forcefully grab someone isn't cool.  I haven't read that anywhere, and I keep on top of the IRL better than most. Wink

I can understand your passion for hair (long or short).  Personally, I think it would be a shame if her head got shaved.  But geez, this is just a light hearted thread which, by the way, is OLD news anyway. 

Edited by Leadfoot - September 09 2007 at 5:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic