Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shaving Widow's Peak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unseen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unseen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shaving Widow's Peak
    Posted: September 04 2007 at 1:13pm
Hey I'm a guy and I've been shaving my widow's peak for about a year.  I have about shoulder length hair.  The problem is that the skin has gotten a bit damaged, and now that I've let it grow in a bit, the hair looks different than it used to there when I had a buzz cut.  Should I stop shaving it?  Plus its getting to the point where you can always see the stubble there.  And unfortunately the area I shave gradually got higher and higher and now it's a bit higher than just my widow's peak.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 10:43pm
I would say to quit shaving it, It sounds like you are leaning this way any way. Why do you not like your widow's peak> I think there is nothing wrong with them. My husband has one, and is always saying how he would like to grow his hair out, but is worried that he dosen't have the hair line for it. Being the one who look at him all the time, I really like it. I think they add alot of character and personality.

Edited by Alisa06 - September 04 2007 at 10:43pm
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
gojidog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gojidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 12:30pm
I agree with Alisa, I think you should stop shaving it. - There's nothing wrong with widow's peak! :D
Grace
Goji Dog.com
bubbly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 2:43am

I agree with the above posts....stop shaving it

primNproper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primNproper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2008 at 1:20pm
Yeah....whats wrong with having a widows peak?  I can see if it came all the way down between your eyes or something :D.  Stop shaving the thing.  I have a widow's peak.  Never shaved it...never thought to.
lilly213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilly213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 7:34am
Widows peaks are actually something you inherit from your parents. It's considered to be a dominant trait, meaning if only your dad has it, and not your dad, you will still get it.

If you really look around, almost everyone has one, I don't think you can get rid of it, unless you want to shave you head or something? maybe there are other ways im not aware of.

best of luck

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 21 2008 at 11:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic