Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kanye West meltdown backstage of VMA's...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Frizzle1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizzle1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kanye West meltdown backstage of VMA's...
    Posted: September 11 2007 at 9:33pm
I don't know whether to laugh at how much he is cryin over a f#ckin moonman or cry because he does have a point. Why the f#ck would MTV let Brittney "Trailer Trash Fat ass" Spears open the show and she ain't even have a single out in years.

Only thing i can conclude of this is that....MTV "doesn't care about black people".

J/K. LOL Forreal tho, he kinda actin like a crybaby. This might hurt his image and the sales of his new album.
lilpitbull2016 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpitbull2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 9:39pm
everything he cant do he just assumes the person dont like black ppl, well bush does, but mtv idk because on B.E.T. today he said mtv took care of him
Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 9:54pm
I heard of this, he actin like a bitch making me lose respect...be happy for the n****s that won...its an MTV award not a grammy stop being a p***y Kanye...You gon start falling off. Atleast you know hes passionate.
mutize23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutize23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 9:55pm
kanye is super childish...that was messed up....well then again im used 2 white ppl........(my school..lol)....U KNO WE KEEP DAT WHITE GURL
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Meji Meji wrote:

I heard of this, he actin like a bitch making me lose respect...be happy for the n****s that won...its an MTV award not a grammy stop being a p***y Kanye...You gon start falling off. Atleast you know hes passionate.

For the last time if you like him don't act like this is a surprise if you didn't then your welcome to be shocked. I don't blame him MTV shat on him quite literally. Seriously why would you give Brittney the main stage when I wasn't even sure she was still alive going into the show.  He was nominated for like 5 awards and didn't get one despite him being the most qualified for all of them. I
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
joecool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joecool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 6:37pm
Questiontrue i saw Brittney up there and i was like what the hell,but kanye still couldv'e held his composure better than that...
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 7:18pm
I would have done same thing he should have won and he should have started out MTV can go to hell racist ass losers 
joecool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joecool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 11:17pm
I'd just say i didn' t want MTV's racist trophy and been done...
iBrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Willie SKRILLA Willie SKRILLA wrote:

For the last time if you like him don't act like this is a surprise if you didn't then your welcome to be shocked. I don't blame him MTV shat on him quite literally. Seriously why would you give Brittney the main stage when I wasn't even sure she was still alive going into the show.  He was nominated for like 5 awards and didn't get one despite him being the most qualified for all of them. I[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better, brotha.
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 4:31pm
LOL you f*cked up your quote ibrush
iBrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 5:24pm
lmao, I gotta get my weight up.
gnarly_waves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarly_waves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 11:37am
but britney's back in the game supposedly, ya didn't know? she got some new song out, i didn't see the vmas but i'm assuming that's what she performed. i dont remember what it's called but the beat's cool if i remember right. i don't see nothing wrong with starting it off with britney. and kanye performed so what's it matter? he just like awards too damn much.

but hey, "graduation" pretty cool. can't wait to see the sales numbers for it. i hope it goes:
1. kanye west
2. kenny chestnut or whoever
3 or lower.. 50 cent.

haha, i would love to see 50 get beat by 'ye AND the country star.. haha
"but this is the remix, with the cheap tricks, hittin' sweet licks, and I cut the braids off but the waves in the fade'll make you seasick!"

Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by gnarly_waves gnarly_waves wrote:

but britney's back in the game supposedly, ya didn't know? she got some new song out, i didn't see the vmas but i'm assuming that's what she performed. i dont remember what it's called but the beat's cool if i remember right. i don't see nothing wrong with starting it off with britney. and kanye performed so what's it matter? he just like awards too damn much.

but hey, "graduation" pretty cool. can't wait to see the sales numbers for it. i hope it goes:
1. kanye west
2. kenny chestnut or whoever
3 or lower.. 50 cent.

haha, i would love to see 50 get beat by 'ye AND the country star.. haha

The performance was horrible. She was out their and was just wobbling through it meanwhile Kanye wanted to perform Stronger to open the show and they gave him some BS about how only the big stars got to perform in the suites and then sent JT out there after Ye's set in his suite instead of the main stage.
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 12:17am
I like Kanye, I certainly think it was a shadey thing for them to do to the man, I would have appreciated him being more poised about it!!!
She's White (I feel ya @25) she's been in hella trouble, in the media, she sold 50 mil yes ok true enough, you know this industry ain't a damned thing fair about it otherwise India woulda been taken home awards left right and side ways...couple yrs back.
It's all about Sensationalism...VMA figa urbody wanta see what she looks like is she making a come back...lets stay in good standing in case she comes back hard we dont want her to be pissed with us...

Kanye, is passionate, and inspite of himself he gone be himself even if it sounds like whimpy and whiney to others....he didn't go to Hill-ManWink

Edited by Anomis - September 16 2007 at 12:20am
shawn don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 11:16pm
Ye's cool but this aint the first time he's acted like a lil hoe
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 12:33am
oh ok...so can u elaborate on that for us Shawn don?

let me know
shawn don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 7:57pm

Originally posted by Anomis Anomis wrote:

oh ok...so can u elaborate on that for ME Shawn don?

let me know

umm.okay..LAST YEAR (guess u dont remember that) when he didnt win any awards he was acting like a lil bitch too..in big brother he sounds like a bitch..dont get me wrong Ye is one of my favorite artists but IMO he's a complaining lil bitch..just like the Meji stated but can i not have my opinion..if he so arrogant and so c*cky and so passonate like he carries himself then the real award for him s the pleasure his fans get from his words..wtf u need a lil award for? we already cant tell u nothing so wtf are u cryin about? just keep making good music and as long as your fans blasting your sh*t then u good....what other artist could u picture doin that backstage? i cant think of no one but kanye lil bitchy ass...but like i said Ye has been one of my favorite artsts before he even was officially signed to the roc..i was rocking to Ye joints before "WE are the Champions"...but anyway since u wanted my opinion so badly there u go mr. mod.......
just a reminder..all of his articles are labled "kanye crying..again

...wonders how Ye's hissy fit is gonna be next year when talib's EARDRUM wins the album of the year..lol..and Ye really isnt all that he think he is he is a great producer and an average lyrisist..his head is too big and he thinks that evryone should feel the same way about himself as he does........he wants props for everything that he does..but when its time to give props,like to one of my favorite artists(read along)

HHDX: At Kanye's recent listening party he mentioned that a certain artist from Little Brother was basically the one that pushed him to be that dude. Now you two have worked together in the past but he failed to mention you by name. First -  How does it feel to know that you are Kanye's inspiration and 2nd - Why do you think he didn't mention your name?

Phonte: Well, I've known I was Kanye's inspiration since back in 2003 when we did a few shows together. He told me that he read my verse from 'The Yo-Yo' in the Source and got scared that we were gonna beat him to the punch. In retrospect, I have no idea why he was scared being that we were struggling on an indie and he was rolling with one of the biggest machines in hip-hop at the time. Even if I'm the better ballplayer, what difference does it make if you're playing at Madison Square Garden and I'm still at the YMCA, ya know (laughs)?

As for him not mentioning me by name, I thought it was kinda bitchmade because he personally knows who I am.  If you're gonna give me props, give me my props.  Otherwise it just comes across as a backhanded compliment:  'Yeah, I'm a big fan of what's-that-guy's-name...'  That's some ho sh*t, in my opinion.

As for the props themselves, that's cool and all...but if you're really a fan and Little Brother's music inspires you so much, why not reach out to us to make some more music together?  Why would you not wanna make history with the younger cats in the game who helped to create a lane for you?  But we all know the answer to that question....(end)

is it because he doesnt wanna be outshined..which he clearly would be on a song with Phonte

here are some words form the cry baby himself...

Roc-A-Fella wasn't the only label to pass on Kanye (pronounced Kahn-yay; it means "the Only One" in Swahili) West. Executives at record companies large and small failed to reconcile West's appearance and demeanor with their expectations of what a rapper should be. They had no idea how to market him. "It was a strike against me that I didn't wear baggy jeans and jerseys and that I never hustled, never sold drugs," says West, 28, who grew up in suburban Chicago and often dresses as if he's anticipating an acceptance letter from Exeter. "But for me to have the opportunity to stand in front of a bunch of executives and present myself, I had to hustle in my own way. I can't tell you how frustrating it was that they didn't get that. No joke--I'd leave meetings crying all the time."

want more?

The JESUS WALKS hitmaker raps about how he felt when the beats he was producing for hip-hop's elite were simply not selling. He explains, "I had one nervous breakdown I talk about on Touch The Sky, when I busted out crying.

"My girlfriend and I were in a room together, listening to the first LIL' KIM
CD, HARD CORE. I would listen to Lil' Kim, then listen to my beat - another
Lil' Kim song, then my beat. "It sounded like the same calibre to me, but I couldn't sell a f**king beat. And I just stood next to that stereo and busted out crying and shaking. I
didn't have control of my emotions. It didn't make any sense.

Edited by shawn don - September 17 2007 at 8:49pm
shawn don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 9:01pm

» Date: November 14, 2004
» Event: The 32nd annual American Music Awards
» The Highlight: West Walks When Wilson Wins

Upon hearing he has lost the Best New Artist award to "Redneck Woman" Gretchen Wilson, West storms out of the AMAs in a show of protest. He later tells reporters, "I felt like I was definitely robbed, and I refused to give any politically correct bullsh--ass comment ... I was the best new artist this year." He also brings up the idea of a massive conspiracy against him, questions the award show's voting process and promises never to return to the AMAs. A legend is born.

»Date: February 13, 2005
»Event: The 47th annual Grammy Awards
»The Highlight: Kanye Dons Angel Wings, A Heavenly Persecution Complex

Following his behavior at the AMAs, West's temperament is obviously a major story line for everyone. Everyone except West, that is. Seems he feels he is being unjustly focused on in the weeks leading up to the Grammys. He makes his feelings of persecution known during his awards-show performance, which features his apparent death (damn you, haters) and subsequent resurrection (rising above it all ... complete with angel wings), all while a full gospel choir wails and thrusts its arms heavenward. Minutes later, College Dropout is named Best Rap Album, at which point West gives a hyper-c*cky speech that climaxes with him proclaiming, "A lot of people were wondering what I was going to do if I didn't win anything ... I guess we'll never know" 

» Date: December 4, 2005
» Event: A Kanye West Foundation/ Musicland Performance at Santa Monica High School in California
» The Highlight: West Shocks And Awes Grammy Voters With Preemptive Strike

A week before Grammy nominations are even announced, West gives a rambling, impassioned and truly excellent interview to MTV News in which he: a) threatens to have "a real problem" if Late Registration doesn't win Album of the Year ; b) predicts that it won't, primarily because of comments he made about George W. Bush during a Hurricane Katrina telethon; c) rips magazines like The Source and Vibe for not bestowing "classic" status on his albums; d) justifies his behavior by repeatedly stating that he spent $600,000 of his own money producing and promotion Registration; and finally, e) compares himself to Tom Cruise. The next day, The American Journal of Psychiatry begins planning a special "Kanye West: The Best of Egotism" double issue. ...

» Date: November 2, 2006
» The Event: The MTV Europe Music Awards
» The Highlight: Kanye Storms The Stage At The EMAs, Does Wonders For U.S. Foreign Relations

After his "Touch the Sky" clip loses to Justice and Simian's "We Are Your Friends," West leaps onstage and interrupts the duo's acceptance speech, arguing that his video deserved to win because it "cost a million dollars and Pamela Anderson was in it." Backstage, he continues his tirade, telling members of the press that "it's complete bullsh--. I paid a million ... it took a month to film; I stood on a mountain; I flew a helicopter over Vegas. ... I did it to be the king of all videos." (He later admits to having had a "sippy sippy" or two before the outburst:  It is — to this point — his finest tirade, an outburst so succinctly jingoistic and, well, downright American that it's no wonder the EMA audience booed. George W. Bush, on the other hand, probably did a sweet donut in his Camaro, played a lick of air guitar and was like, "F---in'-A right, Kanye."

Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 6:40am
This dude (ShawnDon) is out there. He was angry last year cus he was robbed. If I'm in a basketball game and I get fouled with 1 second left in the game and the ref doesn't call it when its blatant then I'm gonna throw a fit too. I'm passionate about what I do.
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 7:38am
We all already knew Kanye was a crybaby a talented crybaby at that.

Waves(2001-Present)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic