Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kanye West- Graduation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Willie SKRILLA Willie SKRILLA wrote:

Just listened through it again and Kanye knows he got the game on lock.
Champion was his normal uplifting track and fits into the mode of Touch The Sky. I Wonder was a pretty good track. Barry Bonds was Kanye's spazz out track, only thing against it was I felt Wayne ruined the track. Drunk and Hot Girls was different, it was a track you knew Kanye was gonna include and it was a track that seemed like something Luda would have recorded. Flashing Lights is like Kanye Wests Workout Plan in that it really gets stcuk in your f**king head. Everything I am was the second best track on the album and is truly the evolution of Kanye West. The Glory was just kinda there. Homecoming was another track where you can see Kanye getting experimental but he did his thing.  Best track on the album was Big Brother hands down. Kanye totally made a track I culd relate to with me having a big brother. Of course thats weird since him and Jay aren't brothers and Kanye doesn't have any brothers but he just gets it even if its from a supplemental type of relationship. Its about how you always look up to these people because they are your older brother and they really don't like being your mentor but they make you earn their respect. I'm too much of a man but I felt like I could have cried to that song if I wanted to.

AAAAAAAwwwwww Skrill u are so sensitive, saying thatEmbarrassedso sweet and honest. But You are making my case....

Thank you for the play by play. OMG Wayne on his Album...I do not feel that character!
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 10:40pm
oh i must have skipped through the one wit wayne in it I got to check that out
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 12:29am

Wayne is nasty all the time...

he is never sensitive, or thought provoking.....or conscienscious about things......
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Anomis Anomis wrote:

Wayne is nasty all the time...

he is never sensitive, or thought provoking.....or conscienscious about things......

I agree everytime I hear him come on I think I lose brain cells.

Waves(2001-Present)
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 10:40am
He can rap but wtf is he talking about he sometimes sound retarded 
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 10:51am
he is talented if only he would use his power for good......
Geek

or atleast have some variety some times. Some grit, and some mature content, but dang it's like he's livin in La La land, like he forgot his b4 deal status.
That's me. Give me something to think about shoot.

Edited by Anomis - September 16 2007 at 10:54am
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 10:54am
LOL yeah I know
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 12:48pm
LIL wayne sounded wack on the CD in the barry bonds song
bl4ck pl4gue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bl4ck pl4gue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 2:19pm
lil wayne also isnt the topic of discussion here. i agree with the topic starter...the cd was disappointing. im a HUGE kanye fan, but graduation doesnt come close to late registration...and it cant even SEE college dropout. there were like 3 or 4 GOOD tracks. and no broke phi broke! WTF!? wheres my frat at 'Ye?psssh wutever talibs got album of the year unless lupe steps up
im gettin there

25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 2:42pm
well thats your opinion still sold a lot though
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 5:00pm

he is talented if only he would use his power for good......
Geek

or atleast have some variety some times. Some grit, and some mature content, but dang it's like he's livin in La La land, like he forgot his b4 deal status.
That's me. Give me something to think about shoot.

Before his deal he was 11. Not saying anything against or for him but honestly not everyone needs to make conscious sh*t. If I want to feel ignant then I'll play some Wayne pre Carter when it was straight gutter not just wack.
Originally posted by bl4ck pl4gue bl4ck pl4gue wrote:

lil wayne also isnt the topic of discussion here. i agree with the topic starter...the cd was disappointing. im a HUGE kanye fan, but graduation doesnt come close to late registration...and it cant even SEE college dropout. there were like 3 or 4 GOOD tracks. and no broke phi broke! WTF!? wheres my frat at 'Ye?psssh wutever talibs got album of the year unless lupe steps up

First you weren't a fan if you weren't into this album. Point blank. It was everything Kanye has been building to since College Dropout. Its like saying you're a big Jimi Hendrix fan but you didn't like Electric Ladyland.
Second those skits got old real fast. I'm glad he cut them out. Finally Talib's new album was horrible. He needs to get back on that Quality steez. Immediately.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 6:44pm

@ Skrilla

I commented earlier on just that..
(I REITERATE NOT EVERYBODY IS GOING TO BE CONSCIENSCIOUS)
Already been said, Period.

As an intelligent  consumer of Hip Hopbook, and a Hip Hop Cheerleadercheer.....the fact remains the dude needs variety as far as I am concerned.
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 6:51pm
talibs ain't gettin no album of the year that fo sho 
joecool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joecool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 9:24am

I'm so hungry for some authenticly created hip hop, I'm bout ready to listen to Kanye West  recite his ABC's on the mic

to a psychotic beat..... He has my undivided.

Artists got mad skilz brag about it now that's...cool.

Kanye is a welcomed change from, booty, booty, booty, diamonds, booty, rides, glorify the dope game, booty, loot, kill a nygga, shoot a nygga, she gave me head and booty!, fire power, booty,  fantasy braggin, booty but cheeks,  brag brag, and oh yeah booty tracks!

I ain't tender, but I'm damned near done.[IMG]http://talk.hairboutique.com/smileys/book.gif" height="24" width="23" align="absmiddle" alt="book" />
AGREED
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 9:57am

thas' wassup,
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 6:02pm
Talib is gettin Album of the year if he dont thats highway robbery, with Finding Forever coming in a close second.

Waves(2001-Present)
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 6:11pm

cool.

Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 6:37am
Originally posted by jamaicakid85 jamaicakid85 wrote:

Talib is gettin Album of the year if he dont thats highway robbery, with Finding Forever coming in a close second.

No. Just no. Talib fell off with this album.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 9:24am
Honestly it does my heart good seeing both the bruhs in the run for that caliber of artworkprofit  

I gotta see conscientious work like that get recognition, mental capacity, moral quality, with that degree of excellence... shoot..... it's important.
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 2:53pm
I feel you Anomis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic