Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tanning Beds and Sunless tanning products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Breea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tanning Beds and Sunless tanning products
    Posted: September 12 2007 at 11:57am

Hi, I have pretty fair skin. I've stayed out of the sun for many years. I recently began using a tanning bed for the first time and am liking the results, but...... am getting minimal results on my legs and arms. I bought some lotion specifically for the tanning bed but it isn't doing much at all. Any ideas? Any specific products out there that are good? What about iodine?

Also, what is the absolute best product for sunless tanning? I have used some in the past but am ready for some really good stuff. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot! Tongue
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 1:59pm
I have fair skin as well but get a nice tan in the summer months.  My legs do not tan as well as the rest of my body so I do use a tanning lotion on them.  I really like Dove self tanning lotion.  It's mostly just a moisturizer with a little bit of self tan in it.  It doesn't get streaky and also smells pleasant.  I enjoy it! 

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 7:37pm
Hi Breea. Usually tanning salons sell products that greatly enhance your tanning exprience. It has been a long time since I tanned but I can remember swedish beauty and hot chocolate being two good ones.

I'm not trying to nag,but you may want to cover your face while tanning in the tanning beds,as they will wrinkle your skin fast.They are something like 50 times stronger then the sun's rays,and concentrated.

I have found most sunless tanners to be equal...give or take. And I use them all the time as well. There are so many options with how to apply~~in a spray,a gel,a foam,a lotion...They all last about the same and generally look the same.
I prefer coppertone endless summer,because it tans in only 30 minutes,while some others you have to wait about 3 hours before the tanning starts.
Breea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 8:46am
MaryP, I will try the dove lotion. I haven't seen it. I like dove products in general. They have good deodarant and shampoo.

Hi Jules. I DO cover my face. I don't want to speed up the aging process. LOL Thanks for mentioning that, though. I also like the endless summer by coppertone. I was just wondering if there was something superior quality wise or lasting wise.

Thanks guys for taking the time to respond. Smile
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 12:34pm
try just using a regular tanning lotion with a lower SPF.  you'll get results but you'll have some protection  ~ like Banana Boat SPF 4

I wish I had used some sort of SPF in all my years of tanning.  when I first met my husband I was 27 and looked close to or over 40.  I have since stopped tanning and my skin looks better.  I am 32 and usually get pegged for 22 or 23

Edited by Lickalime - September 13 2007 at 12:35pm
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
Breea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 2:13pm
I'm lucky in people guessing I'm still in my early/mid 20's and I'm 38 so I'm grateful but I dread the day I don't get those comments anymore. lol

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 3:15pm

No problem.Anyways,it's easy to fake a tan face with make-up

Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 5:40pm
Hey lAdies you can also try using Banana boats summer colors, it gives you a nice bronze and toated look without the harsh orangy look.  If you put it on at night in the morning you will have a nice toasted complexion.  It is made for people of color and range from light, medium to dark.  I use the dark because my skin is on the dark side with yellow undertones and the bronze color I get from this procust I simply love.  Not to mention the compliments, it can be purchased at Walmart or any other store.
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 12:56pm
I am fair and Coppertone Endless summer worked very well for me. Looked even and brownish, natural and not orangey at all. But eventually I stopped and now I embrace my true skintone.

After seeing a few pics of myself with and without tanner, I concluded I actually looked older with a tanned face than with a smoothe pale face.

I've officially jumped off the 'you have to be tan to be beautiful' bandwagon.  I think I am beautiful just the way I am.  Now I embrace my paleness, use the right colors and foundation, and people regularly think I am 25-30 years old.  I will be 40 in a couple of months.  I guess staying out of the sun all those years has finally paid off.  Thank god :-)

lilly213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilly213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 8:16am
You simply can't tan. You should accept who you are and revel in your creamy complexion (and pink nipples!)

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 21 2008 at 11:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic