Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

xtensions for short bob hair..DIY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ragazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xtensions for short bob hair..DIY
    Posted: September 13 2007 at 2:59pm
Hi everyone:
I have wanted to get extensions to correct this haircut that I am super UNhappy about! I am new here and have been trying to read as many forums as I can. I LOVE THIS SITE/FORUM!
Due to $ I have to DIY...but there are so many things to consider.
If you guys could give me any feedback on what type of extensions (i could do DIY) I would love it! I was looking at the tiffany twist method and this the seamless method I found on glamour hair website.

Here are some pics (sorry i had to take them myself)

I cant upload the pictures in it but my haircut is a failed "A" cut bob that goes an inch below the ears on the side and the back's shortest layer is about an inch. i will try to upload pictures

thanks you

Edited by ragazza - September 13 2007 at 4:13pm
oh*so*sassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh*so*sassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 3:06pm
Pics will help if you can upload them.
For a bob, you will need a lot of coverage. I would probably suggest a weft method rather than a strand-by-strand for a lot of coverage. Bobs can be hard to blend, and the more hair you use, the better.
How long would you like your hair to be once you have the hair extensions installed? If you want VERY long, then you will probably need quite a lot of hair. For a more moderate length, it will be easier to blend.
The tapes and wefts are a good DIY method for the beginner. Also clip ins are good to start with until you get the hang of hair extensions.
Hopefully you can get your pics loaded- if not, a little more info will help us help you better/ :)
I am sure you will be able to find a good method to do it yourself- and save a lot of $$. But- you will probably become addicted... LOL
ragazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 4:15pm
thanks I figured out how to add pics. i i would like to get about 18-20 inch extensions. also if anyone has any ideas how to style this please let me know...i feel hopeless. i would like to do jess's hair on vh1;s rock of love!! i love her hair...i wonder if i could do it
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 5:19pm
Hey Ragazza! BE CAREFUL! You're about to entire a major addiction!!Angryarms
But it's a lot of fun!

I think you would do well with a weft method using tape.
There are some great demos out there too.

You're lucky because you have an easy texture to match. I would go with either silky straight or body wave.

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 5:47pm
Hi Ragazza. I agree with the others that a weft method might be best. Since you hair is short you may wish to go with a little shorter length than 18-20 for awhile until your own hair grows out a little more. You will need layering to blend. I think about 14 inch length may be easier to get a natural looking blended install. You hair on top isnt extremely short so I think its completely do-able!  
ragazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 6:14pm
Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate your help. I agree i think 18-20 will too long for now. So weft + tape seems like the way to go...i have seen alot of the online store shirnkies...

i will try to read some more posts to research this method!
thank you again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic