Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

braids/twists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
joecool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joecool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: braids/twists
    Posted: October 04 2007 at 7:07pm
braids and twist ain't low maintenance at all....locs low maintenance once ur hair completely dreaded though????
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 12:10pm
Braids and twists are both great. They can last up to 3 months.  

Here is a site about how to take care of them

I use this method, my scalp is not itching and my hair is not dry at all. I do the wash once a week, and moisturize with infusium 23 and African pride braid spray every 2-3 days. 

So far I have had them in for 4 weeks, I am looking for another 2 weeks. They look almost brand new:)
COngrats on the baby!!
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 1:56pm
If you want low maintenance, try a low cut ceasar, lol.  But, seriously, braids and twist are high maintenance, so you need to decide if you want to make that time-sacrifice.
DUB-C
kimanve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimanve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 6:03pm

I would like to get some braids or twists before giving birth.  I'm a little undecided on what to get.  I would like something that will last a while and is low maintenance

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic