Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jenna Jameson- Much shorter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 8:44am
I guess Hal is right and we are all repetitive at times. As for trolling...if Bob is a troll then he's quite a genial one. Personally, I try not to state my own view point too much (when I begin a thread). The pictures should do the talking. I find that sometimes I agree with Kramer's perspective (for example) when he contrasts a woman with long and short hair...but it's also true that sometimes the recent picture is of a much older woman. On occasions, when the playing field is level, I've actually preferred the short look. I suppose it's all a question of opinion--but preferably, there should be an element of "news" involved, not only a picking out of how someone looked years ago (though it depends a bit on the context and how it's handled too).
daman123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 8:51am
true i suppose
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

It’s not the repetitive nature of Bob’s posts or Kramers for that matter, lord knows most of us regulars are guilty of that.  What gets me is these posts regularly go beyond a like or dislike and move into something more difficult for me to put into words, so please bare with me. 

These posts often include statements suggesting a particular woman’s beauty has been lost because of the length of her hair.  As if her hair “is” her beauty.  Sometimes it’s the out and out statement that the subject has gone from a sexual goddess to a homely soccer mom because her hair is now closer to her shoulders than her ass.  The words matronly or the comparison of a new picture with shorter hair to one 4 or 5 years old with the statement “makes her look older”, duh?

The most irritating is the insinuation or our right statement, if you disagree, you must be from a different plant.  Yes, there are from time to time the “she looks nice with short hair but they generally come across, at least to me, as more of a concession than the impassioned pleas we generally hear.  Similar to a hard core republican having to admit to a hard core Democrat the war in Iraq is not going well.

Nearly as irritating is; if you support long hair, you are allowed to post these “pointed” responses.  Even come the short hair board and do the same, yet the rest of us are not.  Sorry Dave but I call it as “I” see it.

Yours truly and somewhat ready for the wrath!

Hal

Arch94 will be gone the rest of the day...i'm off to build a shrine to hal!

About this whole "her hair is her beauty" thing...It's no secret that I like short hair and think it's sexy and feminine. To me, it exudes confidence. I try to remain impartial as best I can, but even I have made the occasional statement that someone does look better long...rarely, but i have.

Bravo Hal for speaking out for the little guys! Clap
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 10:57am
Originally posted by natasha natasha wrote:

Originally posted by kensrs kensrs wrote:

What Bob does though is OVERKILL.

I wouldn't call it overkill. It's trolling.

This is from Wikipedia, the definition of an internet troll:

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an online community such as an online discussion forum or USENET, with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.

I don't believe Bob fits that.  He is stating his opinion.  I don't believe that he is looking to get people riled up.  His posts are never personal, and are more a statement of fact from his perspective.  He feels like he has to reply to 99% of the posts, well so do some others (Kramer, Fatmoogas for example) and that is his right.  His posts are a bit repetetive, but so what?  Keep posting Bob, but do try to mix it up a bit!

arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 11:07am
Bob is not a troll...just passionate about long hair.

Bob...i hope you're flattered we're all talking bout you Wink
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 11:42am
I got lots fo names for Bob.. but trolls not one of them
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 11:51am
Where is the man of the hour? His ears have got to be burning up by now! LOL
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 1:48pm
     Hey Y'all! It's been deleted now, but kensrs stated twice in the same paragraph  that I was being repetitive. Yes, I suppose I'm sometimes guilty, but I never thought that anyone was hanging on my every word! WRONG!! (LOL)
     Natasha, you are correct to a point. I try to be colorful, and sometimes amusing. Nothing is more boring than reading a steady strem of "I like it" and "I do not like it" postings. I use hyperbole, but I attempt to be of good cheer. Maybe my comment about that Anja model went over the line, but I'm talking about her *haircut*, which I believe is one of the most horrendous creations since Vidal Sassoon started lopping hair. In reality, men will still gawk at this beautiful woman, but the hair is no longer part of the package, IMO. True, I enjoy a good, spirited debate over inconsequential matters sometimes. I never get angry over another's contrasting viewpoint on *hair*, or much else, really. Obviously, I am passionate, but I think I'm tame compared with those on other comment lines.
     BTW, check out my thoughts on Patricia Arquette from several months ago. Her thread was just bumped up. God Bless, Bob
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

In reality, men will still gawk at this beautiful woman, but the hair is no longer part of the package, IMO.

See, Bob, that's one of the problems I have with many of your posts: Overgeneralization. And the notion that your personal tastes and opinions should somehow be representative of those of the rest of the planet's male population.

BTW: I know men (and women) who will gawk at her *because* of that haircut. ;)
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 6:43am
Thanks Natasha your words are so much better than my own!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 1:14pm
     Hoo boy! I added an "IMO", Natasha. I never attempt to speak for anyone but myself. But over the years, I've had so many women roll their eyes when I asked them if their s/o's like their long hair, as if to say, "Yeah, too much!" (lol) Many others have told me that their DH's would *love* for them to grow their hair. Only once, recently, has a woman expressed her husband's disappointment that she was growing hers out! And many comments I've heard from guys about cropped women I won't ever repeat.
     Oh yeah, there are many guys, including my dad, who love a short hairdo on a woman. I'm sure that some men think the Twiggy cut looks super. But, it's probably my most hated trendy cut ever. Truthfully, I actually enjoyed the Dorothy Hamill "wedge" rage, as most of these cuts replaced shags, my *second* most loathed haircut trend ever! (lol) Plus, the cuts did look terrific, as short styles go, *IMO*. LOL Blessings, Bob
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 3:17pm

That is the point Bob, you write as if you know what most, many or even lots of women or men like.  I find it very hard to believe you can talk to many people about hair, esp to husband about his wife’s hair without getting a black eye or the very least labeled a freak to be avoided!

Giving your statement, I'm betting we are talking about a very small number of people that likely support your own opinions anyway.

What do you think, a woman that likes her hair long, likes it enough to go to the trouble to keep long and nice looking is going to say “I love my hair long but my husband hates it”?  That is simple husband 101, “of course it love your hair and no that dress does not make you look fat”! Esp when I’m fairly sure the woman in question knows how much you like her hair.

I would venture to say most men don't care one way or the other.  We have all heard women say did this or that to my hair and my husband didn't even notice.  Can I take from that most men don't care?

What I can say is some don't care, some like it long and some like it short.  I can also say, my greater point is many of us are tired of you pushing your opinions as if you have factual data to support your fetish. 

It is no more boring for me to read “simple I like its” than to read yet another Bob S post about how yet another raving beauty should be banished to mini van duty forever.

If you think this star or that star is no longer hot, say so but please stop telling us in your opinion no one will buy her records, watch her play tennis or tune in to her news cast because the length of her hair!  Such comments serve only to remind me that most of us regular posters are freaks that are anything remotely close to the norm.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 4:36pm
I drive my wife nuts. I do ask her if she did get it cut or are you growing it out. Then again I'm the one that uses Patton as my Signature. I guess I'm one heck of freak?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 6:54pm

Mike i love your patton sig!

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 9:30pm
"What I can say is some don't care, some like it long and some like it short. I can also say, my greater point is many of us are tired of you pushing your opinions as if you have factual data to support your fetish."

I see Hal is back to his acerbic best.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 10:12pm
Thanks Hal. PM me I can tell you about the book I got it from.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 5:34am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

What I can say is some don't care, some like it long and some like it short.  I can also say, my greater point is many of us are tired of you pushing your opinions as if you have factual data to support your fetish.

I couldn't agree more.

Edited by natasha - September 20 2007 at 5:38am
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 6:40am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

I see Hal is back to his acerbic best.

You know I'm just a dumb South Carolina boy... so I'm gonna have to get out the dictionary to know if I've been slammed or not.  Ignorance is hell.

Ok... done.. I like that word!  Bitting as I may be have I said anything untrue? 

That being said... I'm weiry from battle and putting my bayonet away.  See you guys on some other post.

Edited by Hal - September 20 2007 at 6:44am
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 4:18pm
     LOL Hal, you would not believe the number of men and women with whom I discuss hair in RL. Some women have actually asked my opinion, both before and after a change, b/c they *know* I notice. One told me that my wife is lucky to have a man who notices her! Well, I'm not certain at times about how "lucky" DW feels! (lol)
     BTW, Hal, there are some real hot mamas out there driving mini-vans. (lol) But what can I tell ya'? Even if I'm not interested in the sport or art, I still enjoy seeing the women! And even tho' I don't often rave about shorter styles, it *is* rather enjoyable for me to see women who wear their short cuts well. I've complimented many personally, though you wouldn't know it here!
     Any more, if I become the topic of discussion, I will PM the person instead of continuing the thread, if I think they make a solid point, (as Natasha did). I'm weary of it also. Blessings, Bob Smile
     P.S. Jenna who?? Oh yeah, I agree with you so much, Kramer, about celebs who ruin their looks with plastic surgery. Both my best bud and I independently came to that conclusion about Brooke Shields last week. Sometimes, age lines make a face look very lovely, and hers was one, IMO.
     P.P.S. I'll never mention this topic again, but lingeree and swimsuit catalogues feature long haired gals almost exclusively. You can't help but notice! That doesn't mean that women with short styles are undesirable, but it says *something*, I think. Confused

Edited by Bob S - September 20 2007 at 4:26pm
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 5:35pm

For every Ashley Simpson of the world (her nose job was a major improvement) there seem to be dozens of Meg Ryans. Have you seen what she did to her lips? Argh. Ashley and Meg's hair has improved since their face work, but no matter how their hair looks, it can't always be the first thing you notice after plastic surgery.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic