Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weft placement.. all around the head?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
disasterbarbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weft placement.. all around the head?
    Posted: September 18 2007 at 11:24pm
I have seen in some demos that people take a weft and measure it from ear to ear (right about in the middle of the head). Is this okay to do? Is it comfortable and okay for pony tails?
oh*so*sassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh*so*sassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 6:36am
For all rows, I normally leave about 1/4 - 1/2 inch from the hairline on each side for comfort. Too close and the bonded weft will pull on the little hairs behind the ears or hairline, will be harder to conceal, and will be a little uncomfortable pulled up.
I always put a row ear to ear.
hth Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 11:09am
Thanks! I'm going to have to try to do a row like this myself.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 7:07am
disasterbarbie, how do you usually place yours?

I measure and cut rows running ear to ear (from ear level down) and from temple to temple (above ear level)) leaving about 1/2 inch to 1 inch at the hairline since my hair is fine/thin
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 7:48am
SO let me ask you this ladies...
you don't do back rows and side rows, but only long rows that go from one side of your head to the other?
I guess that's time saving...
I personally divide the rows in three part, the two sides + the back.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 8:08am

frenchie I do ONE piece for each row. I dont divide the pieces into back and side pieces. For me, the long piece is more secure and lasts longer than smaller pieces. BUT...I think that is an individual preference, and each person will determine what works the best/holds the best for them. I agree that shorter pieces are easier to work with than the long piece, but for me personally I find that less ends = less lifting & less slipping.

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 9:56am
I have three wefts like this:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e155/kristielmft/sew2wtmk.jpg

See how that top weft kind of swoops up? This is a really good method especially if your skull is tiny like mine lol. What it does is bring more hair forward around your face and evens out any thinness on the sides. The illusion is that you simply have hair growing from your scalp straight down. I can wear high ponytails, updos and even clip it up on the sides. All i need to do is pull my natural hair kind of up and over the weft line and thats easy enough. I only have 3 wefts in total though and that may not give as much thickness as some people desire.

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 11:57am
Krimsa! Your head looks like it's made of styrofoam.fry

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 12:06pm
It is in fact! Its all air in there!

That reminds me, in california I worked at the monterey bay aquarium. Its just this giant fish prison place. Anyway, they had an ROV (remote operated vehicle) that would go down nearly 2 miles into the ocean off the coast there. They would put styrofoam heads in there and cups and things to show people what presure does exactly. Like a head that size would come back in perfect shape yet maybe 5 inches high! Pretty crazy. It compresses all the air out of the styrofoam.
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 12:12pm
That is crazy! 5" is a lot!

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 12:24pm
Yeah, thats why they are "Remotely Operated" lol. People operate them from off a boat. I got a cup here somewhere like a regular size coffe cup that I decorated and then it came back up thimbal size lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 1:21pm
I usually do my wefts in pieces. Probabaly similar to what you explained frenchie. I'm going to go back to clips in soon but I'm for sure going to try the ear to ear method.
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by krimsa krimsa wrote:

Yeah, thats why they are "Remotely Operated" lol. People operate them from off a boat. I got a cup here somewhere like a regular size coffe cup that I decorated and then it came back up thimbal size lol

Holy crap!!! You know someone had to initially test that system and came back a smaller size.

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 4:41pm
Yeah divers get messed up real bad sometimes with the bends and stuff.

Thats pretty much off topic lol.

Getting back to it, I think the horseshoe shapes are pretty good for a sew in. I didnt know what to do as far as placement so went with that and it seemed to work really well.
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 6:23pm
Sorry to get off topic but Krimsa? Do you remember when David Hasselhoff got the bends on Bay Watch? I was really worried for him.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic