Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

finally got to blonde! best shampoo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zaxwrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaxwrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: finally got to blonde! best shampoo?
    Posted: September 20 2007 at 11:18am
Hi! Well last night I went for my final bleaching and am finally at blonde again. YAY! This time it's for good.

I still have a little yellow in my hair. I know it will lighten in time, but are there specific shampoos and conditioners to help brighten it?

Thanks for making this such a great forum!
Beautylicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautylicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 11:33am
lanza swin n sun pack. U use this shampoo and conditioner. Brassy/yellow tones will be no more :)
zaxwrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaxwrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 2:05pm
Thank you *hug*
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 10:09am
clairol shimmer lights works wonders for me - it's a purple shampoo
Before/After toning with Wella

zaxwrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaxwrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 11:47am
Yes that's what I ended up getting, shimmer lights. The lanza was v. expensive for me, and my mil uses the shimmer lights so I went for it. Still want to try the lanza at some point though.

mil said not to use the shimmer lights every time? So I think I'm getting some John Frieda for in-between times. I wash once or twice a week and condition every day.
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 1:19pm
the shampoo doesn't deposit as well as the conditioner (for me) and it's VERY drying, so i use the shampoo about once a week. the conditioner i use every day but always use another conditioner after. hope that helps!

zaxwrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaxwrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 1:33pm
asiabo, it does help, thank you! I have two more questions, please:

-how long do you leave the shimmer lights conditioner on for each day?

-what conditioner do you use afterward?

thanks again :)
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 3:47pm
honestly it varies every day. probably 3 - 5 minutes on average. sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. it just depends on how anti-yellow i'm feeling :)

i use infusium 23 (colour)ologie shampoo and conditioner and i LOVE it. i usually put the shimmer lights on, wait a few minutes, and then slather the infusium on top of it and leave that on for an extra few.

i also use paul mitchell leave-in conditioner, especially before i go in the sun!

zaxwrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaxwrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 8:43am
Thank you asiabo! I did this last night with shimmer lights conditioner and l'oreal colorvive conditioner and it worked great! My hair is lighter, soft and shiny.

After I put some vitamin e oil on the ends and they are in good shape too.

Thanks again!
Slipknothartgir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slipknothartgir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 4:45pm
I'd try Artec Color mositurzier.U can buy it online.Iack t's great!!They have it in all colors.Even diff.colors of blonde.I really helped me when I had blonde hair.I'm a redhead now.but going blonde soon.It works great.That stuff is good for yr hair.It deposits color & condtions well.Read the reviews online when u go to the site.Good luck!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic