Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

strand testing and roots question?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RBoothe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBoothe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: strand testing and roots question?
    Posted: September 20 2007 at 2:53pm
I have been light blonde now for two months and really love it.   I went to a salon to have it done. The person that does my hair wants me to come back every 4 weeks since it is so light. It is incredibly expensive and I would really like to do my roots myself. The last time I got them done, I watched very closely and she pulled my hair through the cap and just applied the bleach to the dark parts near the cap. She did not seem overly worried about overlap, although I did not notice any overlapping.

1) Anyway, if I strand test the bleach I am planning to use and it comes out the right color, can I be pretty sure it will come out right on the rest of my roots?

2) When I get my hair pulled through the cap, and put the bleach on the dark hair, how much should I worry about overlap?
Rachel
RBoothe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBoothe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 8:04pm
anybody?
Rachel
zaxwrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaxwrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 8:52am
Hi, I don't know how risky this would be for you. I've heard of something called breakage, where the bleach overlaps, adn I suppose doing your roots yourself would increase your risk of breakage. If you can have someone do it for you, you are probably better off. Just be sure to do it quickly so the bleach is not on too long. And go to a professional beauty supply store, like sally's, to get the proper supplies (caps, comb, bleach, etc).

Hoenstly, I'd stick with the salon for now if you can. Perhaps next time tell your hairdressed you want to do it every other month and see her every two months instead of one due to cost. Perhaps she will give you some tips for how to do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic