Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Micro rings slipped!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elle2280 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elle2280 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Micro rings slipped!
    Posted: September 23 2007 at 7:19pm
I spent 4 hours installing nearly 200 micro rings, it looked great, and then two days and one VERY CAREFUL hair wash later they all started falling out! They slipped down a few inches and I only had to lightly pull on them and they slid right out! How did this happen? I had to take them all out because I didn't want to spend another 4 hours moving them back into place, and I dont want to be paranoid about my hair xtensions falling out all over the place. What a waste of money! I've spent nearly $500 on useless hair!Angry
Micro-rings, second attempt.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 7:28pm
Hi Elle, you should be able to re-use the hair if you are using I-tip (stick tipped hair). The normal causes of slipping is generally either not enough natural hair being pulled through the rings, or the rings not being clamped tight enough.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 10:30pm
ok lets strat from the beginning-
what shampoo did u use before you installed them and what conditioner
also what did u use to shampoo and cond after they were installed. did you use conditioner on the cylinders?
how much hair of your own did you use for each cylinder?
the hair is still usable, just take off the cylinders if they are still attached.

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Elle2280 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elle2280 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 10:39pm
I bought the micro-ring hair that has the loop on it and the ring attached already, and some of the rings dont go back into shape to re-use. Before I installed the hair I used normal shampoo, no conditioner. When I washed with the extensions in I only used shampoo and only to the top of my head and didn't even touch the extensions, just rinsed with water. I admit I didn;t pull much hair through some of the rings because it got stuck and wouldn't pull through. I dont know if I want to try again, so disheartened with it all. By the way does anyone know if the metal in micro rings make metal detectors at airports go off? I'm going on a plane on Friday and dont want to set of any alarms with my hair! 
Micro-rings, second attempt.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 1:26am
first off- airport dectors do not go off.
for your sections- they need to be clean, neat and your nautral hair sections has to be as thick as the hair you are installing.
good luck
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 11:46am

I find that is you use the smallest ring size that you can fit the I-tip into, the less they slip,  I seldom use a size bigger than the 2mm silicone lined micro rings.

I had samples of those rings with the loop already attached, and I think the ring was too big.

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Elle2280 Elle2280 wrote:

I bought the micro-ring hair that has the loop on it and the ring attached already, and some of the rings dont go back into shape to re-use. Before I installed the hair I used normal shampoo, no conditioner. When I washed with the extensions in I only used shampoo and only to the top of my head and didn't even touch the extensions, just rinsed with water. I admit I didn;t pull much hair through some of the rings because it got stuck and wouldn't pull through. I dont know if I want to try again, so disheartened with it all. By the way does anyone know if the metal in micro rings make metal detectors at airports go off? I'm going on a plane on Friday and dont want to set of any alarms with my hair! 

If you like the hair, all you need to do is try reinstalling them, pulling in more hair. If you don't want to retry that method you can buy some microrings and reinstall them. You have not wasted your money. You just have to tweak your install method.
ALL EYES ON ME
sourgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sourgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 6:42pm

You can get other rings, I feel you they didnt work for me either, but I think what these ladies said were right there was not enough hair pulled through for me, I questioned it with my stylist a million times but when the ring slips oit and there are like 3 hairs holding 20 somethings wrong.

Currant method Hair locs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic