Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to grow out a bob

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to grow out a bob
    Posted: September 30 2007 at 6:15pm
I noticed quite a few people here have a bob (or your wives do) and I wanted to know how theirs grows out? I'm having some trouble getting past an awkward stage (hair will look really shaggy and bad and I have to cut) and I would really like it to grow longer.
I was thinking I might have to change styles altogether~like have shorter layers in the front because the back grows much faster! With the bob I feel like I have to keep cutting my progress that grows in the back to keep the shape.
Any suggestions?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 9:37pm
145 views and not one suggestion?
daman123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 4:57pm
as far as i know ya just have to be patient and keep triiming it n go through the horror of the in between stage acording to my lovely gf

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 5:16pm
Thanks Daman123. That is what I have been doing.It is getting longer slowly but surely I just hate having to trim it so much to keep the style.
Leadfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 5:33pm
Anytime you grow out a hairstyle your hair is going to go through awkward stages.   You can trim it as you are doing to keep some style, but obviously by taking length off the grow out period will be longer.  So you either grow it out slow, trim it, and be stylish or just let it grow and hope the awkward period will be over soon!
bibe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 7:24pm
Hair accessories!!!
Headbands and hair clips are great for those awkward stages.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 7:30pm
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 8:58pm
Thanks for the helpful suugestionscowboy

Hawg~great website,thanks for the link!
jdl1223 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdl1223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 11:07am
i have no clue.  I have an inverted bob and i have tried growing it out but then i get tired of it and get it cut again.  I'm not sure if i want to grow it out or not.  It has its good and bad sides i guess, but i think i am in the same boat as you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 4:53pm
Well,I guess we can give each other support then,LOL!
I guess I'm just gonna have to be shaggy for a while...which is hard for me to do though cuz I'm kinda OCD
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2007 at 10:25pm
     Jules, once hair hits the shoulders, it has a mind of its own. That's why so many women become frustrated and keep cutting back. I actually *wanted* DW to cut her hair way back when, b/c of so many sloppy hair days. But, her goal was only a stumpy ponytail then, so it mattered little to me.
     Well, it depends on how much you *really* want long hair for yourself. If you dream about it, maybe a slight layering of **only** the bottom inch or two will help it lay better. Once it's a couple inches past shoulders, it's a breeze, except for the feeling that all of a sudden growth is not noticeable. No matter what, there will be a period of several months up to a year when some days will be difficult. But if you love long hair, it's necessary pain for ultimate gain. Good luck, Bob Big%20smile    
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2007 at 9:11am
Jules, i think you are my long-lost hair twin. I have sent you an email before regarding having similiar issues. anway, I have a bob as well and constantly find myself trimming it to keep it in good shape. I want to grow it out but I can't stop trimming it. I make very little progress as a result. I'm totally ocd about my hair being kept neat. I will trim it up and tell myself it's in order to get it in shape to grow it out, and it's the LAST time I will do a major trim, but lo and behold, I trim it again. I have dark brown hair, and now I'm wanting highlights just like I had before, that i went short to grow out. Ugh!
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2007 at 3:59pm
Wow.  I'm so glad I found this post.  I'm going through the same thing with my bob!!!  I have no idea how I'm going to make it through the awful awkward stage that I know is just looming on the horizon.  Ugh.  I swear if I can get it to grow long, I am never ever cutting again. (yeah right)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2007 at 10:53pm
LOL! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! The only thing that has saved me at all is having clip on fake ponytails. On days when it looks like utter crap I just pull it back and clip on the instant hair.
I just get tired of doing that all the time (those clips hurt your head!) so then I want it to look nice and neat and trim againbash

Hannebash,I do remember you.Yes we have alot of similarities!

Bob S~good to know. I do really want to have very long hair I'm just so impatient! You are right though,once it hits the shoulders it gets easier. just getting to that point that sucks.
Kb If I had known before bobs were this big a pain to grow out I wouldnt have done it! I do like how they look but geez.

Thanks for responding,just knowing others are  going through this makes it easier (I was starting to wonder if it was just me or if others had this problem)daisy

Aishwarya Rai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aishwarya Rai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2007 at 2:43am
This is really a problem and I too am passing thru the same prob, as I am crazy on getting my hair cropped in BOB, but something which stops me from taking the extreme step is that in case my hair do not suit me, I ll have to keep it short, as when it wll grow up, it will luk shaggy, and so always or throughout my life wil i have to
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2007 at 9:46am
Not sure if this applies or not. But when my wife was pregnant, she took prenatal vitamins and her hair grew like a weed along with her fingernails.  She also increase her exercise routine.  I know the vitimans work, but not too sure of the health issues taking prenatal vitimans when your not PG?  So maybe ask a medical person!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aishwarya Rai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2007 at 10:40pm
It shall be better if your wife replies. I shall prefer any lady to share her experiences, and I have no doubt gone thru their views earlier, and I repeat, I was thinking I am the only one, who thinks so, but really gals or women face this prob and so, my worries were not minplaced, but any solution?
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 7:15am

Nice, sorry i tried.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aishwarya Rai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 11:04am
What did u try?
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Aishwarya Rai Aishwarya Rai wrote:

It shall be better if your wife replies. I shall prefer any lady to share her experiences, and I have no doubt gone thru their views earlier, and I repeat, I was thinking I am the only one, who thinks so, but really gals or women face this prob and so, my worries were not minplaced, but any solution?

Firstly, my reply was for julesyjul88 .  Secondly, Im not sure how my wife replying with the same information makes it more or less valid.  

So JULESYJUL88, i hope this info was useful.  It was just an observation about my wife, however, if you would like my wife to repeat it, i will certainly ask her tooWink

Edited by conrad - November 30 2007 at 8:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic