FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

THINK ABOUT IT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THINK ABOUT IT
    Posted: October 03 2007 at 4:37pm
This has probably been talked about before at some point or another but you ever wonder why your not allowed to wear your hair long at work. No braids, dreads, ponytails, etc especially for African Americans in a professional setting. Now there are some places that allow it....NBA, NFL, MLB, basically all entertainment fields.

All of this stems back to that psychology that white slavemasters used to make the slaves think. They would call black the worst scum in the world (inferior) but if they rape a black woman and the children are ligtskinned and darkskinned..the lightskinned one's would still be slaves but they would receive special favors. That got into the minds of other blacks to start hating themselves and making them feel inferior.

This can easily be related to how in the business if you are a black male you are prohibited to express yourself. You cant wear your hair in braids, dreads or parts or nice designs. This whole idea of image is bullsh*t...I understand it but at the same time if race isn't a issue or don't judge a book by its cover etc etc. then why is it still very difficult fora black man to find a really good job.

My cousin went to UCLA graduated with a BA in Criminology & Sociology and then got his Masters in Criminology. He cant find a job for whatever reason they say he's too young (25) or he's not experienced enough to handle the position (BULLsh*t)

I got off-topic from my original argument but this has to be said too. My job for example has poor management. Correct me if I'm wrong but at a job your managers should communicate with you or at least be friendly & courteous (a simple greeting) instead of always SUPPLY/DEMAND attitude right???

Here's another question how is it at my job (Macys) none of the manager's with the exception of 2 actually went to college and took a management class? It is by all means a mystery to me how some people get promoted....

I have nothing against people who dont go to college and still lead a successful life but my argument is unskilled people who dont know that their in a business.

I have more to say on this I have to eat though...my lamb is done Big%20smile
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
Gristyle View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
King of Waves, 360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gristyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 4:43pm
No comment. This is a messed up world we live in. So one just has to find a way in it. Its not about what one knows, its who one knows
[IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/Gristyle/84497587_l.gif" />
I eat waves like cake
360 DEEP!
Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 8:03am
Eh my dad has a masters in Law and aint no jobs around here or anywhere its hard for a black man to find his sh*t...you gotta get a job in demand thats why im tryin the nursing field.
Gristyle View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
King of Waves, 360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gristyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 1:39pm
I keep telling you all its about who you know.
I eat waves like cake
360 DEEP!
joecool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joecool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 7:14pm
 I pray one day things may change.
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 11:19pm
@ Gristyle... Trust me fam I know about that.....its not what you know, its who you know. My cousn is a Q so he knows people but its still hard.

@ TSOH... Girls with dreads is like the cutest thing to me fam real talk. I'm talking to this girl now who has dreads and she's banging imma post her pic when I get it. Im gonna re-read some of the rights we have and see if any of those have been misconstrued. Im expressing myself now with waves but that's not enough...I miss my long hair. I'm growing it out because it's my personal choice and see what happens with some of these jobs.

I had something else to add to this but I just forgot it...damn sh*t was definitely deep too. Hopefully it will come back to me.

I've been doing stand-up comedy a bit now. It's soo sad that if I try to talk about some real sh*t I can't get but only a few interested people who actually care about it or want to change it too. The good thing is comedy is a way where I can talk about all the sh*t I want and still make you think and hopefully change what's going on.

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW: My 1st time telling joke....I bombed big time LOL . But the last time I hit the stage I got a great response...its a process.

"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
Gristyle View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
King of Waves, 360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gristyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 11:46pm
my brother is a Q also. I am not a fan of dreads
I eat waves like cake
360 DEEP!
Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2007 at 12:15pm
supa be crackin me up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic