Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

oily t-zone area.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
paisleybird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paisleybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oily t-zone area.
    Posted: October 04 2007 at 10:17pm
hi there.  i have naturally oily skin right in the t-zone area and i find that an hour or two after applying my foundation and blot powder, i start to get the oily skin and my makeup starts to look cakey. i was wondering if you guys could recommend any products to use before applying makeup. right now i use a green gel cleanser by mac cosmetics and an oil control lotion which i find does not help very much at all. i notice that when i try to blot my skin throughout the day it just makes me look like i am layering on more makeup and i hate when my face feels heavy and packed on with makeup! soo, if you ladies have any remedies for that, it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 5:54am
Have you tried the oil absorbing sheets they have?
They remove oil without adding more make up,so no caking.

Edited by julesyjul88 - October 11 2007 at 5:56am
paisleybird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paisleybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 7:37pm
no, i haven't! my friend was telling me about the dove ones. maybe i should try them. thank you!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 10:29pm
They have been a lifesaver for me because I also have oily skin. You can find them most places CVS,Walmart,Rite aid,Giant...usually in the face wash/acne care section.About 4.99-5.00 dollars for a pack of 50.
primNproper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primNproper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 12:15pm

Well first,  what kind of foundation are you wearing?  I know some foundations have mineral oil in them.  If you already have oily skin, the mineral oil will make it worse.  I have oily skin all around and I noticed the foundation I decided to try had the oil in it.  Thats why my skin would look oily after a short while.  Read the ingredients in the foundation.  If you see oil in it...put it back.

elsa_marie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elsa_marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 8:15pm
I have an oily T-zone too. It helps if you use a good toner for oily skin. It helps regulate the oil in your face. You just have to apply it religiously during the day before you put on powder and at night after you wash your face, I find it to be very effective. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic