Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*~*What's a Toner*~*~

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
skydreem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydreem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *~*What's a Toner*~*~
    Posted: October 07 2007 at 4:21pm
Hello Ladies,Embarrassed
1- What's a toner?? 
2- How do you use it? 
3- It's contein Ammonia?  And which the best hair toner? 

Thumbs%20Up I'm a Medium Blonde!

ps: I got thr clairol 323 i think is platinum, anyways when I openes smelled like it's has Ammonia,  I don't want to use a product with ammonia.  BuT If you know about this toner from clairol , It's  Good???

ClapThank you Ladies!!

Edited by skydreem - October 07 2007 at 4:30pm
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 10:13pm
i've used 323 from clairol - i really liked it. but you need to use a developer with it, so if you want to stay away from peroxide, i'd try the clairol born blonde toners. i don't like them as much, but i used them when i first went blonde because i felt a lot more comfortable with applying them myself.

i also wrote you a little note about wella toners in your other post!
Before/After toning with Wella

karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 3:02pm
I have already recommended  in another post, Schwarzkopf silver shampoo, as a toner. Does not contain Ammonia, and no need for a developer, and you can use it a few days  a week or until you get the desired results. You can purchase this at any sally's beauty store.
I hope this helps a little.
Smile
Karen
karen sanderson
skydreem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydreem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 12:05pm
Hello Asiabo,

Thank you for your reply.  I have this toner you say clairol 323, but it have ammonia? wow so tell me something, developer and peroxise are the samething, or Not?? cause i always use clairol peroxise Vol. 40.
are this the stepts to use a toner??

step 1- color my hair and dry withh a towel.
step 2- mix peroxise or developer don't know which one, mix it with the toner.
step 3- apply to the hair. How long?

Asiabo, I hope I get it right!!  I like you hair color, is that Platinum??

thank you!!Wink
skydreem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydreem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 12:07pm
Hello Karen sWink

thank you!  I will check now sally beauty. 
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 1:30pm
well i'm no color expert, but the way i understand it, each developer has a certain percentage of peroxide.

i use a 20% developer with the clairol toner, i think 40% would be too high especially if you just got done bleaching.

how long you leave the toner in is going to be different for each person, so it really is trial and error. i think i left mine in for 20 - 30 minutes, but i think i should have gone a bit longer.
a strand test is the best way to determine this!

thanks for the compliment. i'm not sure what color my hair is, since it looks different to me every day and in different light. it's super annoying but i guess that's what i get for being blonde.
let me know how the toner works out!

skydreem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydreem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2007 at 9:48am
Hi AsiaBoSmile

No, I did not have my hair bleached.  so after i color my roots, i use the toner and mixed with a developer vol.40 all over my hair or just the roots?, since my hair is not bleached.  so the toner will lift my hair, I hopeLOLthis toner form clairo 323 has ammonia??halloween2

I love being blonde, blonde for everLOLLOLLOLLOL
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 1:21pm
i assumed your hair was bleached - you're only supposed to use the toner if your hair is a pale yellow. i doubt it will lift your hair without bleach.
i wouldn't use 40 volume developer, i would use 20.
i don't know if it has ammonia, look it up or call clairol.

skydreem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydreem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 2:59pm

asiaBo,

ok.  do you know a good bleach? sorry i ask so many questions.
ps; LOOK i like this hair color..to get to this level i need to bleach and tone right??  that's level 9 or 10???  It looks like yours!!ClapClapClap
thank youStar

I want to get this blonde or close to..Smile

Edited by skydreem - October 18 2007 at 3:01pm
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 3:50pm
A good bleach, I use Schwartzkopf Vario blond plus bleach, best to get the blue powder, this is what I use on clients, this is a professional bleach, you can buy at sally's. Maybe someone can recommend a good box bleach you can buy from a drug store.

Karen
karen sanderson
skydreem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydreem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 4:04pm

Smilehi Karen s,

Thanks for reply, is this bleach glentle? which brand of developer should i use?  i guess i should use 40Vol.Clap 
after the bleach, i use the toner? i don't know how to use a toner, that's why i ask.

thank you!Embarrassed
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 4:15pm
i like clairol 7th stage with 2 - 3 activating packets and i haven't figured out the perfect toner yet. but i have used 40 before and it worked for me.
after you bleach, follow the directions for the toner you want to use, this should cancel out yellow.

sorry, that picture didn't show up, maybe try again?

karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 4:16pm
No bleach is gentle on your hair, any bleach will cause damage to the hair. Depending on the colour you already have is dependent on the strength of developer, for maximum lift use the 40 vol. It really doesn't matter which brand of developer you use. I have already advised you on a way to tone down any yellow tones in a few posts above this. Schwartzkopf Silver shampoo is the best toner, and it has no ammonia, and no need to use a developer, and you can use this every day on your hair until you get-the desired colour, just note the silver shampoo is violet in colour so don't worry your hair wont turn purple, just make sure you use it via manufactures instructions.

I hope this helps, any more questions just ask, no problem.

Karen xx
karen sanderson
skydreem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydreem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 9:24am
karen s,Star
 do you have msn messenger?
skydreem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydreem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 10:00am
asiabo,Star
here is the pic, do you see it?

Edited by skydreem - October 19 2007 at 10:03am
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 11:18am
thanks for reposting!

that blonde looks a little warmer than what the clairol toner gave me, but everyone's hair will be different. if you want closer to britney's hair you may want to try a beige toner, maybe 301D instead of 323D.

http://www.thecreativestudio.com/dispensary/swatches/toners_swatches.html

skydreem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydreem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 11:24am

AsiaBo,Star

u welcome!!  Winkdo you use msn messenger>? so you can see my hair color?
 I think i will have to bleach my hair to get this britney's hair colorfence
thank you!
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 1:51pm
sure, asiapasiapoo@hotmail.com

skydreem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydreem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 1:57pm

asiabo,

ok i got it, i'm online nowWinkthanxs

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic