Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sensitive Skin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sensitive Skin
    Posted: October 24 2007 at 4:08pm

I'm using baby soap to wash my face and Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizer.

This works ok. After trying alot of different things this works the best. I like the lotion, but the baby soap still makes my face dry and burns little, and if I put the lotion on right after I wash my face, my face will turn beet red. I have to wait about an hr.

Anyone have any suggestions on what products and wash routine I should try?

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2007 at 7:50am
After reading some of the old post, I decided to try Mychelle products. I am very impressed! For the first time ever, I can put something on my face without it feeling dry, burning, or turn red.

If anyone has sensitive skin, like me, I would highly recommend Mychelle poducts!!
zaxwrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaxwrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 1:56pm
Hi Paper, thanks for the recommendation. Do you know how their products compare with Prescriptives, perhaps? I've been using Prescriptives for years and love it but am looking to try something else.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 2:34pm
I've never heard of Prescriptives.

I do love Mychelles products though. I am just happy I found something I can put on face and not irritate it!

First I bought a sample kit. Then I bought full bottles of several products.
zaxwrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaxwrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 2:37pm
I just orderd the sample kit. Thanks! Thumbs%20Up
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 2:47pm
Awesome, let me know how you like it!
Arthur10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2008 at 6:52am
you can use  Biore pore minimizing wash.I had approx same conditions as you have right now but after using it now I am happy with its results :)

Edited by Arthur10 - April 29 2009 at 7:54am
peridot23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peridot23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2008 at 11:38am

I have extremely sensitive skin.  Since I don't use any foundation or powder I don't have to wash with soap.  Just water.  in the past I have used cetaphil and that and water will make my skin feel dry.  So I have used stuff in the past with oil, any type and it still makes me break out no matter what.  So I now use glycerin with some water to use to moisturize and that is the best.  I have had the same bottle for over a year now and it is barely half way through.  You barely need a half a dime size and you mix it with water.  I haven't broke out and my skin never feels dry any more.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic