Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

try to lose 40

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
colorlover14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colorlover14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: try to lose 40
    Posted: October 24 2007 at 7:24pm
i am 140 and i will like to be lower is there any diet u guy can help me i really 
x.spirit.x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x.spirit.x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2007 at 7:12pm

Okay, let me share some of my tips with you.

1. Eat 5-6 small, balanced meals a day, approximately 3-4 hours apart

2. Drink lots of water to keep your system hydrated and flushes it out. I drink at least 1.5 - 3 L of water.

3. Take quality supplements to ensure your nutritional intake is properly balanced

4. Avoid refined or processed foods

5. Treat yourself on occasion. It's okay to cheat once in a while, use it as a reward or on special occasions. The last thing you ever want to feel is deprived

6. All I really eat are proteins (egg whites, tuna, fish, skinless chicken etc...), carbs (raisins, rice, potatoes, non fat breads etc...) , condiments (honey, hot sauce etc...) & drink water (can be flavoured if you wish!). This will SERIOUSLY allow you to lose weight fast, as your diet will be low in fats, especially saturated fats.

I also do cardiovascular workouts, along with some toning workouts. This will speed up your metabolism and burn more calories to help shed body fat. Perform cardiovascular workouts at least 3 days a week, & you should be shedding the pounds in no time!
Do a minimum of 3 days a week of training or up to 5 days as your fitness level progresses. It is important to take days off for muscle growth, recovery and to prevent burn out.

This is simply my workout/eating plan, but I can promise it'll work, cuz it makes sense - eat healthy, exercise, lose weight!! Tongue

Good luck.

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2007 at 12:45am
I dont think you need to lose 40 pounds though! That would make you only 100 pounds.
Depending on how tall you are losing 40 pounds could be very unhealthy.
Aim for something that will put you in a healthy weight range,like 10-20 pounds.

I have lost weight on slim fast before...although eating more balanced meals is better and doesnt make you as miserable. Definitely cut out fast foods,if you have to eat out try Subway. I lost ten pounds just by not eating fast food anymore (I used to eat it once a week)

Edited by julesyjul88 - October 29 2007 at 12:48am
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2007 at 8:26am
what about oatmeal?  right now I eat instant oatmeal.  I know it's not the best because I eat the maple and brown sugar instant

I am thinking about switching to the old fashion oats, where I have to cook it on the stove

I also eat a lot of Cream of Wheat.  both fill me up and I find myself eating less during the day
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2007 at 9:16am
That is a good tip. I love oatmeal and it keeps you feeling full!!

Low Carb diet works for me. Every few months I go on low carb diet for 3 weeks.

Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2007 at 2:04pm
I'm not sure I could do low carb.  I've tried but I love carbs too much
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2007 at 6:40pm
I know what you mean!!!

It does work for me so I will stick to it.
avarose33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avarose33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 1:39pm
How tall are you? I wouldn't lose 40 pounds unless you're like 4'11! I'm 5'0" and my healthy weight zone is around 120-130 (from my doctor) and my friend is 5'9" and her doctor told her around 140 is a good weight for her (and she's VERY slim but all muscle). If you have muscle mass then you'll weight more too, but look and feel better. Weight isn't everything, measurements, muscle, bone structure and how good you feel all come into play at some point too.

I peaked at 140 a while back (medication weight Thumbs%20Down) and while I didn't look big (I was getting a bit chubby) I felt like crap. I also had the most unhealthy diet EVER, so that's the first thing that changed. I started to eat breakfast all the time, and eat lots and lots of protein as opposed to carbs and fats. I also put in fruits and vegitables and made sure junk food wasn't in the house or at all accessible to me. x.spirit.x had some really good advice, that's around what I did and I lost 10 pounds very quickly (water weight just melts off once you cut out sodas and salts). Although I do exercise frequently, almost every day. I'm also quite young, so depending on your age it'll be harder to lose weight. My mother is 50 and she has a harder time then me just because of metabolisms. Would you consider exercise and diet? Even mild activity like a 30 minute walk a day will help you lose weight, it doesn't have to be some crazy intense workout. Hope this helped. Smile
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 3:53pm
Anyone tried the alli pill for weight lose? any results?
First There Was 2 Sets Of Footprints In The Sand, Then There Was 1 Set Of Footprints In The Sand ,When Time Gets Hard And sh*t Hits The Fan God Don't Walk With Me He Carry Me Man!(50)
juliaanthen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliaanthen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2010 at 11:19pm
Loosing any weights is best way is exercises. There are so many different types of exercises available. I am doing yoga and  cycling for one hour it is effects in two weeks. I lose my 20 weight, but you must have to do continuously.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic