Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

for you platinum blonde beauties...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: for you platinum blonde beauties...
    Posted: October 25 2007 at 4:35pm
i used a wella toner in white lady (T18) and i couldn't be happier with the results. after my root touch-up i applied the toner to the root section with a brush. after about 20 minutes, i pulled it through the rest of my hair and left it another 10.
just wanted to share my happiness =D

Before/After toning with Wella

zaxwrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaxwrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2007 at 6:48pm
Wow gorgeous! I love wella toners. Did it lift at all or were you already that light?
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2007 at 7:00pm
WOW WOW!!!

Please share the steps on how to get such a luxurious luminescent color! I LOVE IT! GORGEOUS! Reflects light perfect.
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2007 at 7:20pm
zaxwrit - thank you! i was bleached to pale yellow, but yellow is yellow as far as i'm concerned. and the toner really did cancel it out!

borne.blonde - thanks to you too! really that's all i did with the toner, nothing special. shimmer lights is great to keep the color, as well as roux fanci-full rinse in ultra white minx.

i don't bleach myself. i wish i could, but i just don't have a setup for seeing the back of my head, and i don't trust any of my friends (don't tell them). so i do go to a salon, but that's fun too.
i think the most important step that people overlook is bleaching to pale yellow. i guess everyone just has a different idea of what it's supposed to look like, and that's where confusion lies.

let me know if i can help any other way!!

Edited by asiabo - October 25 2007 at 8:00pm

borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2007 at 7:44pm
I have naturally wavy, I think Level 7-8 Blonde hair. I set my mirrors up and thought I was going to foil my hair lol. I bet I will be days just figuring out how to do a tiny section.  My hair diameter is thin yet hair 18 inches thick all over.  

I took a clipping and used 40 dev & 12A p.creme.clairol & it may be the yellow you mean. OH never~ mind I am so confused lol.

I compliment the SMOOTHNESS or straightness of your hair too!Clap
Thank you so much for sharing. IT is a true celebration to have your hair turn out perfect!!JOY.

Edited by borne.blonde - October 25 2007 at 8:21pm
Julia74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2007 at 6:04pm
help! I applied the white lady and 20 vol to my hair and it is majorly purple. Luckily is not hair on my head but extensions but still, any hope for getting out the purple? I have it soaking in clarifying shampoo in the sink...
julia74
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2007 at 6:48pm
good idea - it will fade with washes. that's why they recommend strand tests i guess

Julia74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2007 at 9:26pm
ok, it turned out completely gray after soaking for a few hours, I think it is beyond help :0(
julia74
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2007 at 2:29pm

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! I couldn't go that white I think it wouldn't work for me... but I love it. Does it turn grey? I use ASH haircolor to tone my hair down and I get get it pretty white. Yours is kind of a  matte white. Mine is still a bit yellow. I really like it.  I can't get proffesional stuff.

Now how is the upkeep, that's what I NEED to know. I have a terrible time upkeeping mine. I can get it a very light blonde, not white/grey like yours, but white and then after a week it starts to loose it's color and turns back to yellowy and of course my roots show up along with it. My hair is a disaster right now. And parts of my hair specially around my ears and near my face never hold onto color or bleach like the rest. Your lucky yours worked out wonderfully. What did it look like before?

Good job. Love it.

~* Bambi Lee *~
Julia74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2007 at 9:02pm
I think I left mine on too long, 10-15 minutes. It ruined it and turned it grey. But I have a lot of success with purple shampoo, it should keep the color fresh. Try clairol shimmer lights, sometimes I let mine sit on the hair a little bit before washing it out.
:o)

julia74
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 12:10pm
That's very beautiful. How does your hair feel? What colour is it naturally? 
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 3:56pm
bambilee - the upkeep is definitely a lot of work.
i would consider investing in this clairol shimmer lights conditioner. a lot of people have told me their hair turns to ashy when they use this - so i'd also try some roux fanci-full rinse in ultra white minx - it's easy to apply (i'd like to try it in a spray bottle but i haven't gotten around to it) and it really does lighten up the color.
http://www.cachebeauty.com/wholsale/roux_rinse.htm
the toner lasted about a week and a half, but it was still fading noticeably. once the yellow started showing up i just kicked the shimmer lights and roux up a notch.

asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 3:58pm
rosalie - thank you! i condition a lot so my hair feels pretty healthy considering it's bleached you know.
my hair is naturally a really cool medium brown - i can't describe it any better than that because i've been coloring it for so long, haha!

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2007 at 7:27pm
Well I'm gald your hair turned out so good. I can get Fancifull in my local drugstore here, I'm going to see if they have that color.
Right now I just bought SILVER Conditioner. Works good. I use it on my root area and underneath, works nice. So far so good. Not as SOLID as yours thought. You can see the different tones in it, cause I've had it highlighted and lowlighted before. Rocking the hair girl. luv it!

~* Bambi Lee *~
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2007 at 4:31am
Hi. Did you go blonde in one or a couple block dyes, or did you get multiple highlights?

I can't help admire the amazing condition your hair is in after such heavy bleaching. Well done!

ps- I'm so trying Fancifull white minx, might pick some up tomorrow.
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2007 at 9:56am
hey ally
it was a full-head of bleach - i believe she applied it twice to get it to pale yellow because my hair already had color in it.
thanks for the compliment! and you should definitely pick up some roux, i love the stuff.

Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2007 at 7:27pm
wow, how was your hair after 2 bleachings?
BlackLace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 4:32pm
I am so jelous of your hair, it looks amazing! May I ask what your natural colour is?
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 5:15pm
ally - it feels really soft and, well, normal after i'm done conditioning - the only time i can really tell it's bleached is right after i'm done shampooing. so i guess the key is to condition, condition, condition!

blacklace - thanks! my hair color is naturally a cool medium brown.

Silvervanity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvervanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2012 at 2:31pm
What kind of conditioners do you use?
Always looking
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic