Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fluocinolone Acetate?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
39_down View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39_down Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fluocinolone Acetate?
    Posted: October 26 2007 at 11:31am
Anybody using this for hair loss? 

I'm new to the site...been loosing my hair for at least 4-5 months.  It comes out in waves, some days are normal and with just a few hairs lost here and there, and then i'll have a week or two where every time i run my hand through my hair i come out with 4 or 5 or 6 hairs.  Its generally all over loss, but worst on top and sides of my head.  I'm a 39-year-old woman and i just got engaged...i'm terrified that my fiance is going to notice...which probably wont be too much longer cause i'm running out of ways to disguise it.  He has always told me my hair (long and curly) is one of his favorite things about me.

Took me forever to get my primary care doc to agree with me that something was wrong, and finally referred me to a dermatologist, who was mostly a total A**hole.  Never did tell me why it is happening, barely even looked at my scalp, didnt ask any questions, just prescribed this nasty greasy stuff called Fluocinolone acetate, and guaranteed me that hair will grow back, that this stuff is 'hair fertilizer.'  Also told me to cut my hair short !!  Anybody else ever used this stuff?  I have to apply it to my scalp 4 times a day !!!  I'm willing to do just about anything to grow my hair back, but this stuff is a mess.  Makes my hair very greasy/oily. 

Any other ideas or any inspiring stories from somebody who has used this stuff with success?  ((i could use the encouragement because this stuff is awful...))

Lisa
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic