Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Silk scarf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
saralee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saralee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silk scarf
    Posted: October 29 2007 at 10:29am
How does one keep silk head covering on during the night.  I have used them and within 1/2 hour of sleeping or lying in bed, it comes off.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2007 at 10:26am
Same thing happens to me. I just try to make sure i have a satin or something simliar to satin on my piillow.

I start off with a scarf on, but I certainly don't wake up with one on.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

rapture422 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapture422 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2007 at 7:11pm
I sleep with a silk scarf on and after I tie it around my head, I insert a couple of bobby pins in around the areas around my ears (one in front of my ear and the other behind).  Just make sure you catch a little bit of hair in the pin and the scarf will stay on all night.
LadyinDiamonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyinDiamonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 5:49am

< id="hexColValue" value="" size="10" style="cursor: default;" ="text">
LadyinDiamonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyinDiamonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 5:50am
Wrap it from the back and tie it in front.
How long is your hair?
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 4:54pm

I can tie the scarf backwards and inside out, it won't be on when I wake up.

Next time, I'll try the bobby pin technique. Thanks for the idea.Wink 

Edited by cmesweet - November 13 2007 at 5:08pm
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

sassybeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassybeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 11:09pm

First I pull my hair back into a ponytail, then I wrap the silk scarf around my hair and tie around the ponytail.  Once in place I put a few bobby pins in the front and maybe one or two in the back.  I then take the long strands of the scarf and wrap it around the pony tail a few times, once I am done with that, I add another scrunchy around the the ponytail tied in scarf.... it works for me.  When I travel I use a cotton bandana over the silk scarf and tie the scarf down with that.

It's better to be an old man's darling than a young man's slave.
Quote by my late great grandma Garrett
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 1:33pm
I wrap my hair around my head. Cover with a silk or satin scarf, then cover that with a stocking cap. That works for me. :)

Edited by ladyflash - December 27 2007 at 1:14pm
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by rapture422 rapture422 wrote:

I sleep with a silk scarf on and after I tie it around my head, I insert a couple of bobby pins in around the areas around my ears (one in front of my ear and the other behind).  Just make sure you catch a little bit of hair in the pin and the scarf will stay on all night.

Once I learn how ta tie tha scarf LOL I'll keep that in mind LOL
love59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 9:23pm
Buy a few satin pillows instead, I had the same problemSmile
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 10:20pm
How do you sleep with satin pillows..better yet, keep it from fallin' onto tha floor? LOL Everytime I sleep with them, they end up on tha floor, anywhere but unda my head LOL
tushay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tushay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 5:17am
that's funny i thought i was the only one who had the problem with satin scarfs!! good suggestions!!
don't chase me unless your ready to catch me!!!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 6:48am

YEP i have a satin pillow case always..

MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 8:17am
Originally posted by rapture422 rapture422 wrote:

Thanks for the tip Rapture!!
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 2:12pm
Satin pillow cases, If I do use a scarf I cover it with a cotton on that won't slide off or use a bonnet, they have the elastic around it that keeps the on.
akak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 2:20pm
I like a silk pillowcase, its more expensive but it last longer, my skin is sensitive and the natural fiber is more gentle against your skin. but anyway my hair needs to be contained while i sleep, I  use a silk bonnet there are some nice ones on the web.  
Alexsandra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexsandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 10:01am
Bobby pins sound like a great idea. That's what I usually do, but I need to remind myself to do it everynight.

Edited by Alexsandra - March 11 2008 at 10:02am
mbell825 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbell825 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 4:05pm
If my hair is pulled back b/f I put on the scarf it wont always stay on during the night. If I realize it's come off, I dont put it back on, I just lay it as flat as I can on the pillow and lay on it like that. If I do pincurls though, it'll stay on all night.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic