Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHAT KIND OF HAIR WAX?*caps*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lilhustler8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilhustler8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHAT KIND OF HAIR WAX?*caps*
    Posted: November 02 2007 at 10:44pm
badhalowell i recently bought Got2Be pommade define+shine (green container) and erm first time i used it,,...within 5mins my hair falls back down xDDead and is it cause my hair isnt layered? o.O;; because it isntxD and errmm what kind of wax do u prefer if i was to buy another lol i live in canada miss. and im not sure if i can get good wax that dont cost alot. I SURE DO TALK ALOTConfused around this website o.O;; as u can see half of my poste are my answers LOL so i think not alot of ppl come to this website? lol plz answer any answer is msot welcomed but plz no negative comments .
Neume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 10:53pm

Well, I have yet to find a perfect hairstyling regimen for my new short hair, but I can tell you that waxes won't work if you want hold...I've tried it and found out the hard (and expensive) way.

From what I hear, hairspray + mousse combo works pretty well.  Use the wax for taming frizzes and to define ends and add shine.  After styling with the hairspray and mousse, take a dab of wax, rub it into your palms and between your fingers, and run your hands through your hair and lightly at your part to tame the baby hairs.  Don't use too much or your hair will look greasy.

I use Design Line Finishing Wax which works pretty well...I think you can only order it online or find it in salons though.
RizzumRick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RizzumRick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2008 at 12:39pm
Redken Disrupt and Redken Rewind. Mix these two in your hand and apply. Depending on how long your hair is, just use approx. a dime size of each and apply.
LaaG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaaG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2009 at 9:32am

I use Gatsby, like all other asians :P Depending on what style you want, theres a different formula for each. The Grey and Purle ones are probably the best. Pink is alright but I find it too shiney.

Another very good wax but slightly expensive and hard to find outisde of japan is Nakano - Super Tough Hard. By far the best i used, my hair could last the whole day, sleep, wake up, and I could still style  it.

jtrang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtrang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 4:59pm
Gatsby is very popular to use among Asians, especially the pink one which is very good for keeping your hair in place. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic