Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why can't we all get along?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why can't we all get along?
    Posted: November 05 2007 at 9:44pm
Seems all too often the conversations on some of the boards here degrade to a point to where I just don't want to read them anymore.  Of course I'll keep coming back but I wonder why do some people feel a need to attack someone's opinion?  We're all entitled to our opinion but we're not entitled to defame/degrade/belittle others.  I would like to see people post their thoughts without attacking the thoughts of others.  Who's with me? 
HAWG
TMortis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMortis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2007 at 9:05am
I most certainly am with you. I am so tired of the degrading comments.  This is an open board...for some...and a place to have your soul skewered if you disagree or have an opinion.
I haven't posted in a while, because many just rip on others.
I love this site, and would like a little more respect to be shown.  That said, MOST everyone is very nice.
Tommi
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2007 at 10:07am
Most everyone is nice but it's those certain few who constantly rake people over the coals that I just don't get; if they would just say "I like that" or "I don't like that and wish they would ..." things would be fine but some insist on attacking others personally which is never right; even after they have been told to desist, they still continue to do it.
HAWG
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 2:09am

I agree too,but I have to say this forum is not nearly as bad as some others I have been on. Other forums people seriously rip each other to shreds.I have only ever "argued" with one person on this forum after an entire year.And that was because I took the comment as a personal bashing to myself.

I like hearing other people's opinions...the world would be BORING if we were all the same.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 12:47pm
Thanks Jules.  Are you a blonde now?
HAWG
Rowlingfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowlingfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2007 at 2:13pm
I admit that I'm a little bad about this (in all of my three posts). There are people who think anyone with long hair needs to cut it and those that say that anyone with short hair is omgsougly. When you have people who offer insults and nothing constructive, there's going to be a problem. I wish everyone (including myself) would make a better effort than that than just posting someone's latest dye-job and moaning about it.

(Note this is from the Celebrity Hair Talk board. This seems to be where most of the trouble is. I've seen the old fighting in the Short Hair and General Hair boards, but the key word in that is old.)

Edit: Oh wow necro-post my bad!

Edited by Rowlingfan - December 22 2007 at 2:14pm
BobsRock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

Seems all too often the conversations on some of the boards here degrade to a point to where I just don't want to read them anymore.  Of course I'll keep coming back but I wonder why do some people feel a need to attack someone's opinion?  We're all entitled to our opinion but we're not entitled to defame/degrade/belittle others.  I would like to see people post their thoughts without attacking the thoughts of others.  Who's with me? 
I am! Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic