Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedA beginner to get wavy hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
laurenchip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurenchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A beginner to get wavy hair
    Posted: November 07 2007 at 4:37pm
I have past shoulder length thick hair and like to have it wavy for a change instead of bland flat hair. I don't know where to start. Any help? Ta :-)
rosiedosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiedosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2007 at 1:05pm
_popupControl(); hi laurenchip,
Like you, i have thick past shoulder-length hair and have been sick of the lack of volume when straightening my hair but can't leave it dry on it's own either because it will go frizzy. 
While in America for the summer found a great product to get wavy hair- and very simply! it's called Frederick Fekkai Summer Hair Beach Waves but it's a seasonal product and won't be available again until around April :-( But I'd recommend it when it does come out again!
Until then, to get similar wavy hair that I feel in love with from this product, I wash my hair, comb it, section it into four and mousse & scrunch each section then leave to dry naturally. It's amazing how different my hair looks and for extra volume I run through it with a curling tongs- the mousse makes it really shiny and it holds the curl much better. Then my party hair is ready :-D Hope this helps you!
lovingmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2007 at 9:43pm

I am not quite sure what what hair texture is like,but there are several ways of getting wavy hair.  You can actually.  cornrow the hair while wet with a light gel and let it dry.  you can cramp it. there also certain cork screw rods that may give you some type of a wave pattern. try these options. you should get pretty good results.Smile
laurenchip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurenchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2007 at 3:05pm
Thanks for those. I have tried a few methods already but I don't get the look I'm after.
chewbekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chewbekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 10:57am
i mix water with sea salt and spray it on my hair after i shower and scrunch it. it seems to do the trick :) hope that helps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic