Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

School Overseas Targets Sagging Pants

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WaveKingSup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaveKingSup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: School Overseas Targets Sagging Pants
    Posted: November 12 2007 at 7:56pm

School Overseas Targets Sagging Pants

Sagging pants might be an issue in some parts of the U.S., but others across the world are jumping on the bandwagon as well.

The latest place to try to minister fashion standards on the youth is a school in Stockholm, Sweden, who recently mailed out letters to parents demanding that students pull up their pants.

At Östermalmsskolan, a school in one of Stockholm's most exclusive neighborhoods declared that displaying rear cleavage as a result of low sagging pants is out of order.

"Lots of people think hanging pants don't look nice, and this is actually the children's place of work. It's not terribly hygienic either," Agneta Zetterström, headmistress at the school, to local paper Östermalmsnytt.

Despite the schools' concerns, some parents don't feel the issue is important.

Hip-hop DJ, Erik Kvarnsmyr, whose 8-year-old stepson attends the school, said the rule was "really silly."

"I reacted really strongly when I got the letter," he said. "Schoolteachers shouldn't be acting as fashion police. Knowledge is the really important thing."

Read more: http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/news/2007/10/3335/

Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2007 at 8:06pm
It's what it represents that is frowned upon, inner city youth, hip hop, gangsterism, etc,
As long as the youthful citizens know how to present themselves to "workforce America" in the case of a job interview it really does not bother me like that.  As long as the saggers, know everybody is not going to end up a rich hip hop mogul, they have to be prepared to gain access.
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 9:44am
I agree it is silly but everything has it's place you have to present yourself better at school and work to get ahead otherwise you will have a harder time in this world than what is necessary, on the streets is a different story, you should be able to dress however you want to outside of school and work.

Waves(2001-Present)
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 11:35am
A second that.iagreesign
I speak two languages fluently , ghetto hood, and Interview.....LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic