Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Damaged hair- help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damaged hair- help!
    Posted: August 08 2013 at 6:11am
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

I wish I'd logged in sooner to see this, and also, I hate to spring this "tough love" thing on people, but...

A lot of people are surprised when they experience damage from chemical processing. The fact is, chemical processes may make your hair pretty for a while but there's a big catch. I think rebonding is a quickfix that won't last, because nothing is going to put back what mother nature gives you. To slow the damage, stop the chemical treatments. They probably cause cancer anyway.

Sorry to shoot off my trap like this, and late, but I hope it helps someone.

Anais

In my opinion, this is WELL SAID.
I have OFTEN, and by often I mean it, been asked what I do with my hair, how I get it to be so shiny, so everything. And the answer is simple - NOTHING. I cut my own hair, I wash it and condition it, I keep it from getting tangled, I do not over wash it either. I do not use colors, tints, straighteners. I embrace my natural hair color and style.

But, I do have some natural treatments that I use every once in a while that CAN help you with your hair problems. There are no guarantees but you will see an improvement :)

Mayonnaise, beer - you will find it all here http://www.skincarehq.org/articles/5-natural-treatments-for-shiny-hair-all-summer
batana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 12:46pm
hi sorry forgot to say, the new hairdresser who cut my hair not the old one who damaged it told me no chemical treatments including brazillian bow dry bonding treatments for at leats 3 months!!!Shocked  my hait now is in 2 style kind of ear length bob with the longer lengths which survived as they had no colour on, the top front side broke off still breaking off but i couldnt cope with a close crop, i can tie my hair back use a soft scrunchie to prevent more damage. i have had nioxin microdermabrasion scalp treatment, helps the scalp to produce strong new hairSmile but for now please dont have any chemical treatments including bonding, sorry im new to forums but like you desparate for a cure that doesnt exist hence going on to the pure batan ojon oil from central america 100% pure organic im trying to be good to my hair
batana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 12:04pm
hi i am the same as you, i have blonde highlighted hair, the salon made a mess left the colour on too long and now i have lost over 50% of my hair, i tried 4 products so far but have not worked, just got pure batana oil, ojon brand have a product with batana listed as an ingredient, supposed to be great for nourishing hair, my jar is 100% pure batana oil i wondered if anyone else had used it and had tips how to use. only solution is to keep hair as short as you dare go and use treatments to flatten the cuticle and coat the hair shaft like wrapping a bandage round it till it grows again. ill let you know how after i try the batana oil.
fetamy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fetamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2013 at 2:00am
If you protect your hair from the sun, give yourself a scalp massage and use a hot oil treatment you will definitely get back silky and beautiful hair in a few weeks.
organic_amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote organic_amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 2:21pm
I would suggest finding a salon that does the KeraGreen keratin smoothing treatment. This certified Organic and natural system helps to restore hair to its natural state. It will control hair loss while managing frizzy, weak, coarse hair. It makes hair incredibly soft, silky, and manageable and will last 2-4 months.

Call 888-213-4744 to find a salon in your area that is currently offering this treatment.
citytreats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citytreats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 5:44am
The main reason is today's hair products which are made from harmful chemicals, alcoholics substances. So avoid applying hair care products directly on the scalp.
ratcandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratcandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 8:09am
The fact is, chemical processes may make your hair pretty for a while but there's a big catch. To slow the damage, stop the chemical treatments. They probably cause cancer anyway.
johnrambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnrambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2011 at 5:10am
Yes den-drop problem is many harmful and fall the hair so please clear the den-drop then Shiny, Healthy, Silky Hair.
Oman Holiday Packages
Cheap Oman Holidays
Miami Holiday Packages
Cheap Miami Holiday

johannah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 12:51am
Have you tried a protein treatment? When hair is weak like this its normally lacking in protein, aphogee 2 step or the 2 minute one might be of help to you and is cheap enough on ebay
nearly waist and growing to hip!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 1:30pm
I wish I'd logged in sooner to see this, and also, I hate to spring this "tough love" thing on people, but...

A lot of people are surprised when they experience damage from chemical processing. The fact is, chemical processes may make your hair pretty for a while but there's a big catch. I think rebonding is a quickfix that won't last, because nothing is going to put back what mother nature gives you. To slow the damage, stop the chemical treatments. They probably cause cancer anyway.

Sorry to shoot off my trap like this, and late, but I hope it helps someone.

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
GoodyGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodyGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 1:41pm
It sounds like your hair is overly porous. You need a porous control shampoo.
Sugar,Spice&everything nice!
*Annette* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Annette* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 10:02am
did you ever find anything out because I have exactly the same problem??!!!
Annette xxx

www.2swim4life.com
blueoceans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueoceans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 2:56pm
I have had my hair colored and professionally straightened. I want to get it straightened again but Im afraid. I have no moisture in my hair and it's breaking a bit. Just want to klnow have you ever heard of REBONDING? its some kind of proces that silkens and conditions the hair that i can get done in a salon with not all the chemicals in a straightener. it really want to have this done cause I need moisture in my hair bad! i have tried many many shampoos and deep conditioners but some dont even work and the ones that do only work for a short amount of time Please reply ASAP to help thanks I have tried mayonnaise and hort oil treatments too ans they dont work. I need to knwo what kind of treatment to get done in salon that will rebuild moisture and make my hair soft and silky Please advuise thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic