Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Xbox vs PS3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
meech313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meech313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by King Cash King Cash wrote:

Well i bought my Xbox 360 (with 20 gb) from a secure online store on ebay for $245. Its in great condition and is still on warranty but i'm wondering whay there are so many broken 360s out there. For instance, i've personally heard of 3 people with 360s and their system pops up with 3 red lights while not letting them play. And i've heard other stories like this online. What causes this and what can be done to prevent this from happening?

I'm actually thinking of saving up a little more money and buying my 360 new from store. Like i said b4 the online store on ebay has good systems but i don't wanna take the chance anymore

Again; what can i do to keep this happening to a new system? And have any of u had problems with ur 360?

like ced said some failures are do to poor care but a lot of them are because of the faulty design.  there are people that have had their 360 since launch and had no problems but a lot of people have had multiple problems with their systems.  What causes the 360 to display 3 red lights is when the system overheats and the GPU or CPU pops off of the mother board therefore showing a complete system failure.  Theres not really a way to prevent it from happening but your best bet would be to get the newer premium 360 with HDMI, microsoft also is selling the new premiums with 2 free games for the holiday seasons. By buying that version u should less likely have problems.
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2007 at 1:50am
Thanx...I bought a Premium Xbox 360 for $150 today from my boy's cousin. Its in perfect condition (he bought it, beat Gears of War, and has had it in his closet since).
Then i went to Gamestop and bought Call of Duty 4 and 13 months of xbox live  :-D my username on there is Tha 3o5 King (that's the letter "o" and not a zero). What's u guy's? and let me know if n e of u play call of duty online

And how do u hook up the hdtv part?  I have a 45 inch plasma screen and i want to get the best out of it

Edited by King Cash - November 20 2007 at 11:46am

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
cedclark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2007 at 4:11pm
my gamertag is "ced360" I dont have call of duty 4 yet. but if you get halo 3 or madden look my way...

Make sure you hit the switch on the video cable to " HDTV"
also avsforum.com for your tv model for some settings.

Edited by cedclark - November 20 2007 at 9:40pm
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2007 at 7:30pm
thanx bruh!

meech313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meech313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2007 at 7:57pm
damn if i had a 360 i will murder u in call of duty 4 Cash
cedclark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2007 at 9:41pm
Sorry King.. Its avsforum.com ...
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 1:23am
I got it to work fam.
@ Meech...I'm murkin cats and its only my 2nd day. You don't want it wit me!  haha

meech313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meech313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 2:02am
Originally posted by King Cash King Cash wrote:

I got it to work fam.
@ Meech...I'm murkin cats and its only my 2nd day. You don't want it wit me!  haha

u lucky cash that i cant play u because i got a ps3 but if i did have a 360 u wouldnt stand a chance plus i got more experience with the game and i know most of the strategies that people use.
KingProdigy617 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingProdigy617 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 12:55pm
@ Cash: Now you gotta pick up Halo 3 so I can lay the smackdown when my xbox gets back. 3 red lights....
meech313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meech313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by KingProdigy617 KingProdigy617 wrote:

@ Cash: Now you gotta pick up Halo 3 so I can lay the smackdown when my xbox gets back. 3 red lights....

oh I see u finally became a victim of the ring of death, thats exactly why i chose the ps3
Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2007 at 7:59am
Xbox 360
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2007 at 12:14pm
I got one (practically new) for $150

Revolutionist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolutionist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2007 at 8:59pm
Yea I gotta go with the 360 on this one. BTW, my gamertag is Devin1115 if any of you wanna go at it in Halo 3 sometime.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic