Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scrunched Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mariss323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariss323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scrunched Hair
    Posted: November 24 2007 at 4:20pm
I used to be able to scrunch my hair and it last for a few days. I would wash it with shampoo only and then let it air dry for a little. Then I would spray Garnier Fructis Style Full Control Hairspray All Day Hard Hold in Ultra Strong hair spray, put it up in a messy bun and go to sleep with my hair like that. I'd wake up the next morning to beautiful scrunched hair. I used the same routine for the longest time and then started adding Pantene Pro-V Style Root Lifter Volumizing Spray Gel with Maximum Hold to get a little more body to it. That worked great! I loved how my hair would get crunchy from the hair spray.

For the past couple of months, however, my routine no longer works. The scrunch falls out and it never gets that crunchy texture. I haven't tried to do anything different. I get my hair cut regularly and get accent highlights around my face once a year. Also, before the summer started, I had my hair deep conditioned to prevent from damage, etc. from swimming, the sun, etc.

I've wasted so much time and money on different products hoping they would give me the scrunched hairstyle I love. I've tried Garnier Fructis Style Hard Curl Gel with Crunch, Controlled Hold in Extra Strength, Garnier Fuctis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel with a Strong hold, Bed Head TIGI Power Trip Hair Gel, and a Glaze/Light Silky Gel my hair stylist suggested from the salon. None of them have worked!

What gives?

And can someone offer some other products I could give a try? I'm tired of wasting time and money on stuff that doesn't work.

Thanks!

~Marissa
stargazer27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2007 at 9:25pm
I would start using conditioner for a start you should be doing deep conditioning treatment at least once every 1 or 2 weeks on top of using condtioner after shampooing your hair every 2-3 days, curly hair needs more conditioner than straight hair, try using a leave in conditioner and if you have been straightening or blowdrying it straight it will ruin your curls too, I would recommend regular deep conditioning and using a leaving in conditioner and pantene mousse is good too for control....good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic